4x4 Evolution 2 being ported to Dreamcast

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

4x4 Evolution 2 being ported to Dreamcast

Post by |darc| »

From Assembler Games:
FuzzyFish wrote:I've been running a project over at www.4x4evolution.com for awhile now, which has been focused on updates on mostly the PC version, with some early executable updates to 4x4 Evo 1 on the DC that I had accomplished last year. Due to some recent interest once again, and now that I've had over a year of experience playing with this engine, I'm confident I can tackle it.

While I can't freely discuss what I do have, I'm 99% certain I can get a majority of 4x4 Evolution 2 running on the DC. I can not confirm if Terminal Reality had planned on releasing this on the Dreamcast, but there seems to be some indication that they may have at least started it. Working around some of the CPU/RAM limitations will make it interesting, but it should be entirely possible to get a large portion of it ported over. And possibly some improvements while I'm at it.
Follow the link above to see the full post.
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: 4x4 Evolution 2 being ported to Dreamcast

Post by cube_b3 »

I saw it listed back in the day as an upcoming DC game.