Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Announcement

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Announcement

Post by GyroVorbis »

Our team is back with a gigantic announcement regarding our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, launching August 1st, and some of the ambitious goals and rewards you can expect to see there. We also give a brutally honest and intense behind-the-scenes look at an indie game development team and startup working day and night crunching for a Kickstarter. Lots of new footage and gameplay scenes are also released. We hope you guys enjoy it!

Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Announcement

Post by Christuserloeser »

This is sooo exciting! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

War on Wikipedia.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

Watched last night. Enjoyable as always. You guys have a pretty high goal, but you all deserve it! I've never paid so much attention to a game release before, the process itself entices me just as much as playing the game. I listened to one of your podcast interviews with your kickstarter ideas too. Pretty ambitious, but you guys seem to be handling PR as best you can. Get your message and game info out there as much as possible! You are talking to the right people, and your fans are in the right places. I wish ya'll the best of luck!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. We still have quite a few tricks up our sleeves, and we're saving them for after the Kickstarter. I'm very excited about the KS rewards we're going to be offering... I feel like these are things fans, collectors, gamers, and Dreamcast enthusiasts would truly enjoy.

If you didn't already know, we're the cover story of the August issue of Indie Game Magazine, and we really poured our hearts and souls into the article, providing dozens of brands new, exclusive screenshots and unreleased gameplay information.

We've been doing a lot of work to solidify the look and feel of Elysian Shadows, and we're pretty excited with the results. There will be MUUUUCH more to show on the Kickstarter.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Pretty amazing. Also, nice to see that you've integrated Sprite Lamp into it, because Sprite Lamp is quite a hidden gem.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

mankrip wrote:Pretty amazing. Also, nice to see that you've integrated Sprite Lamp into it, because Sprite Lamp is quite a hidden gem.
Whoah. How did you know? Haha.

Yeah, we have tried basically every normal and depth map generation tool under the sun, with sub-par results, which actually resulted in lots of our earlier screens sucking. Sprite Lamp really gives our pixel artist's full control over exactly how the lighting interacts with their sprites.

I've been in touch with Finn, who is a really cool guy. He's given us beta builds, and we're fully integrating them into our own toolkit. We're also copromoting each others' projects.

If you guys haven't seen it already, it's a really, really awesome tool and concept for doing this kind of dynamic lighting with sprites: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fi ... for-2d-art
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

GyroVorbis wrote:
mankrip wrote:Pretty amazing. Also, nice to see that you've integrated Sprite Lamp into it, because Sprite Lamp is quite a hidden gem.
Didn't you say it? lol
It's thinking...
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis »

|darc| wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
Didn't you say it? lol
Wow. So I did... Haven't slept in going on 36 hours working on this Kickstarter... I must be losing my shit.