Pier Solar HD comes to Dreamcast on March 25th

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Pier Solar HD comes to Dreamcast on March 25th

Post by Christuserloeser »

According to the Pier Solar page at Watermelon's MagicalGameFactory the Dreamcast version of Pier Solar HD has now been given an official release date. The game will ship out 03/25/2014.

Official Pier Solar HD trailer (Nintendo WiiU version):

The Dreamcast version (on which the other versions for WiiU/PS4/etc. are based on) will be distributed by Watermelon itself. You can pre-order the game here: http://magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/pier-solar_1/
Insane homebrew collector.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pier Solar HD comes to Dreamcast on March 25th

Post by TheRedFox »

Such a long time from now! :(
Oh well, it'll be worth the wait, I'm sure
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I kind of curious to see what the different box styles are. I of course prefer the JP style cases for Dreamcast, but I'd like to see what each case looks like before I make a purchase. I can't seem to find any images, hopefully some will surface soon!

BTW, did anyone actually play / beat this game on Genesis? I watched the classic game room review of the games. Looks great for an indie RPG, just wondering if any of you guys here had a full opinion of the game.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Nico0020 wrote:BTW, did anyone actually play / beat this game on Genesis? I watched the classic game room review of the games. Looks great for an indie RPG, just wondering if any of you guys here had a full opinion of the game.
I have the Genesis version, but I've only played a few hours into it. I'm probably not the best person to judge a JRPG as I haven't played all that many, but gameplay-wise it's about what you'd expect. From what I've seen, it's got a fairly large world with a lot of detail, but I haven't seen that much of the game yet. My fiance got me the Dreamcast version through the Kickstarter campaign as a Christmas present back in 2012, so I kinda stopped playing at that point in order to play the newer version instead. (I actually loaned my Genesis copy to a friend for most of last year, though I've got it back now.)

The only thing that feels a little odd about it is character movement. When you're moving the party around onscreen, it uses some minor pathing logic to deal with obstacles, and sometimes the results are a bit goofy. Other than that... it's a JRPG. The writing seems fairly decent, it's clear that a fair amount of technical effort went into the game, and gameplay is more or less what you'd expect. Nothing particularly unique, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

Overall, if you like JRPGs, I think you'll be pretty happy with it.
moribus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by moribus »

So it will be released today ?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

The last I heard is that the game has been delayed until late April. But that was a month or two ago, and each update seems to have the release date slipping a bit more down the road.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Yes, given that none of the Dreamcast backers have received a packaging update it is unlikely that it would release in April.
Unless we receive the packaging update this week.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Any updates on this? I've become quite excited about this recently. I've been watching a lot of videos and reviews on the game and their creators. These guys are hardcore. Someone asked them recently if their new genesis beat-em-up game would end up on dreamcast, they said they are always planning for their games to launch on more current consoles, including Dreamcast. Would be awesome to see another game from them. I really actually like the music in the game of what I have seen on youtube. The enchanced CD on the Genesis version is quite awesome and really makes the game shine.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I (theoretically) have a copy coming from the Kickstarter campaign, but I haven't seen a substantive update in a while. The most recent thing I saw was from about a month ago, when they were talking about the odd things they had to do to get proper widescreen support on the Dreamcast.

In terms of new projects, I'm actually more interested in the SNES project than the Genesis one. IIRC, the final concept is a Zelda-like game based loosely on the tale of Orpheus.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

A last kickstarter update was 4 april but there was nothing about release date...