Project-Firestorm's Twist It coming in 2014

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Project-Firestorm's Twist It coming in 2014

Post by Christuserloeser »

via http://dreamcasttoday.wordpress.com/

"It’s been announced via email this morning that Project-Firestorm’s puzzle game ‘Twist It’ is due for release in 2014. The game was first revealed on the developers Facebook page as a quick judge of interest for the project, it seems that this was successful and development has been underway since that point.

No current screen shots are available for the game but the developer has said they are looking at February 2014 as a projected date to show some in-game shots of the title in action.

There will be three versions of the game:
1) Normal Edition
2) Limited Edition (no fixed contents list but possibly different cover art plus a B2 or B3 sized poster)
3) Deluxe Edition (the Limited version including an arcade stick, only for pre-order)

According to Project-Firestorm, there is also the possibility of ‘backing’ the game through funding and getting your character put into the game, what’s more interesting is the team are looking at releasing the game on an SD card with the bundled Dreamcast SD Card Reader peripheral, this would mark a first in regards to a game being released via this method as well as or instead of a general compact disc release.

The game will support VGA (640X480) and also native (800X600) resolutions, there will be a single player mode and 2P vs mode. The possibility of a 4 player mode also isn’t ruled out if the interest is there.

Interestingly, the game will only be sold to players who are 18 years old or over and should be noted, that it isn’t a port of a mobile game which was speculated at the time of the original unveiling.
"

Pre-Order the game via http://project-firestorm.com/
Project-Firestorm on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project- ... 2290917340
Insane homebrew collector.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: Project-Firestorm's Twist It coming in 2014

Post by TheRedFox »

I'm somewhat interested in seeing some screens. I wonder what this is all about.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Looking forward to it but still, a bit disappointed we haven't heard anything about Time Hunter for such a long time... :?

Also it should be clear by now that puzzle games don't sell all that well on DC so I hope that poor sales for this game don't affect their other projects.
Insane homebrew collector.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheRedFox »

I think I might have missed out on hearing anything about Time Hunter, due to my long absence, what is that?
Also, it's a shame to hear about puzzle games not selling well. Makes sense though, there's a ton of good free puzzle games, and puzzle games seem like a better portable title, most of the time, rather than console. Maybe PC.
I'm especially curious about this 800x600 business. SXGA on the dreamcast? un-heard-of!
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd