SNES4ALL Beta-1

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: SNES4ALL Beta-1

Post by cube_b3 »

@ Stryfe: I am just wondering when will someone make an emulator for DC which is on par with the PC Emulator.

P.S. BLEEMCAST is better than perfect as it exceeds what the PS1 could acheive (Talking about officially released games, not the leaked alpha).
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Stryfe »

Ah... I see what you mean. But in all reality, I don't think such a thing will ever be achievable.

At least before every last DC coder moves on, or the last DC dies. BLEEM!cast was written from scratch in assembly by a team of paid professionals, and it was their job to accomplish a goal. Snes9x is mostly in C++, a very portable language, but not always the most optimal for the target system. And... it (Snes4all) was written by a very professional, but unpaid, retro system aficionado in his own free time.

I'm not exactly sure what libraries Chui used for this project, but I believe the source download should have all the info.
ImageImageImageImage
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

can someone post a sbi or discjuggler image of this please im just getting fustrated trying to make one myself.
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TechnoWolf »

Hey all,
Been a while since I've posted here in a substantive manner. The throws of life and business I suppose.
So I have compiled a cd for this and notice no VMU options in the gui menu other than "savestate". Chui says there's VMU support, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a save or savestate to actually go to the vmu. The savestate stays resident in the DC's RAM while I play, so long as I do not "reset" the game in question. I can reload the savestate and all of that, but again cannot determine the coctail to get an actual VMU save to occur. Am I missing something or does the mention of VMU support simply mean it's present in the code, but not active for the end-user at the moment??

Thanks guys...and thanks Chui!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

To jump in on the (now months-old) secondary debate on this thread, everyone involved might like to read this Ars article about the quest for "perfect" emulation:

Accuracy takes power: one man's 3GHz quest to build a perfect SNES emulator