State of Japan - After Earth Quake

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by cube_b3 »

Updated March 13 2010

Famed SEGA developer Yu Suzuki has tweeted the following:
大船渡市三陸町越喜来に在住の「鈴木タカ」の安否についてご存知の方がいらっしゃいましたら、ご連絡お願い致します。RTお願いいたします。

Suzuki San is native to the affected areas and currently is unable to contact his mother Suzuki Taka.

At times like this in addition to the listed donation channels a prayer is desperately needed.

Original Story

We are sure everyone has heard about the terrible devastation that Japan has suffered after the 8.9 Earthquake hit mid day yesterday (Japanese time) and the devastating Tsunami that followed. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.

SEGAbits recently contacted Sega of America for any information they may have on the safety of Sega Japan employees, any damage to the Sega buildings etc. Thankfully it seems that so far everyone at Sega Japan seems to be accounted for and there is no word of any damage to Sega buildings. No news is good news in cases like this.

It is also worth noting that Platinum Games has escaped unscathed.

Donation Links in the comments.
Last edited by cube_b3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: State of Japan - After Earth Quake

Post by cube_b3 »

I thought a news post was in order:
SHELTER BOX: The first team is mobilizing to head to Japan and begin the response effort. Donate here.

GLOBALGIVING: Established a fund to disburse donations to organizations providing relief and emergency services to victims of the earthquake and tsunami. Donate here.

SALVATION ARMY: The Salvation Army has been in Japan since 1895 and is currently providing emergency assistance to those in need. Donate here.

AMERICARES: Emergency team is on full alert, mobilizing resources and dispatching an emergency response manager to the region. Donate here.

CONVOY OF HOPE: Disaster Response team established connection with in-country partners who have been impacted by the damage and are identifying the needs and areas where Convoy of Hope may be of the greatest assistance. Donate here.

INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS: Putting together relief teams, as well as supplies, and are in contact with partners in Japan and other affected countries to assess needs and coordinate our activities. Donate here.

AMERICAN RED CROSS: Emergency Operation Centers are opened in the affected areas and staffed by the chapters. This disaster is on a scale larger than the Japanese Red Cross can typically manage. Donations to the American Red Cross can be allocated for the International Disaster Relief Fund, which then deploys to the region to help. Donate here.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

In all seriousness, we just got power/water/gas back on in most areas in my city. I am about an hour from Sendai, and I was actually going to go to Sendai that morning but slept in late, I thank my lazyness. My friends that live in Sendai, I have gotten in touch with a few of them. But its all pretty fucked up. Below freezing temps here, a epic amounts of snow last night and no for of fuel to use what so ever for heat. Most of us slept out in the lobby trying to stay warm together.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

No links again Bilal? :roll:

The images I saw on TV were pretty shocking. A 2 minute+ earthquake must be pretty nightmarish. I hope they pull through. Never been out that way myself, I was always more of a Kansai man. Kobe and Osaka are easily my favourite 2 cities I've ever been too. Especially Kobe, that place is pristine.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Kobe and Osaka are easily my favorite 2 cities I've ever been too.
Fixed ignorant English speech. :mrgreen: Sendai is quite nice, but its nothing like Osaka. Osaka blew my mind going there. It's the kind of place you can go to and be like "allright well im gonna go get lost and fall off the grid," and no one would ever hear from you again.

Being from Texas I've never expeirenced an earthquake, so it was pretty weird. My Japanese friends told me that was the biggest thing they had ever felt in this city, we had no idea that it wasn't just our area. Went to school today cause they had generators and were giving out food to eat. Only things that were open today were my local cigarette shop I like (which is run out of a house pretty much,) and since its the middle of the night there were bars open lol. A lot of my friends were going back home though (and those from China are stuck here since they were flying out of Sendai,) the westerners are just kinda stuck as they stopped all train movement and can't get to Tokyo or Narita.
Last edited by Nico0020 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Glad your safe.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Yeah, good news to hear you are doing ok bro. I know more of tornados also being a Texan, and I can only imagine how long it will be till the country is back to normal, it could be 10 years before everything is fixed. Look how long it has taken to get the Gulf coast communities built back up from Katrina.

My prayers go out to Yu Suzuki. Has anybody heard if he got contact with his mother?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

He deleted his twitter post :/
DoctorN
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0