Fast Striker Sold Out @ PlayAsia

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Fast Striker Sold Out @ PlayAsia

Post by cube_b3 »

Don't get too excited Fast Striker hasn't completely sold out. The game is still available at www.ngdevdirect.com

Nonetheless it is still some what impressive. Things would've been more impressive had NGDEVTEAM revealed the number of units they had actually shipped to Play-Asia.

There is still significant demand for Dreamcast games out there. Rush Rush Rally Racing Regular Edition sold out completely in 2 months as well.

Source: http://www.Dreamcast-Scene.com
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fast Striker Sold Out @ PlayAsia

Post by Christuserloeser »

Please do add some links to your posts!
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Will Try.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

The game is now on iPhone for 99 cents.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fast-str ... 04067?mt=8

This is why I can't bring myself to buy homebrew DC games. I know limited print runs push up the cost, but I don't see a lot of value in owning a rare game that isn't an official release, and here we are only 4 months later with the title on another platform and the developer suggesting the game itself isn't even worth a dollar.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

The game is now on iPhone for 99 cents.
damn
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0

Post by DanteJay »

BoneyCork wrote: This is why I can't bring myself to buy homebrew DC games. I know limited print runs push up the cost, but I don't see a lot of value in owning a rare game that isn't an official release, and here we are only 4 months later with the title on another platform and the developer suggesting the game itself isn't even worth a dollar.
Perhaps with having to use a touchscreen for a controller, it isn't worth a dollar.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DanteJay wrote:
BoneyCork wrote: This is why I can't bring myself to buy homebrew DC games. I know limited print runs push up the cost, but I don't see a lot of value in owning a rare game that isn't an official release, and here we are only 4 months later with the title on another platform and the developer suggesting the game itself isn't even worth a dollar.
Perhaps with having to use a touchscreen for a controller, it isn't worth a dollar.
That's fine with other game genres, but what's to control? You just put your finger on the ship and move it around the screen. If anything, it's easier because you have direct 1:1 movement.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I'll try and reach for a comment.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well I've been informed the price is supposed to be 5$ and it is just been made low cause the current build has "some issues".

Personally I feel NGDT dropped the ball on this one and screwed themselves and distributors.

Had they ported Pink Bullets and sold it for 5$ things would've been dandy and well timed but porting their latest game to iPhone would choke sales. I feel sorry for redspotgames as they already have W&W:PB which is selling for free on the PC and now after acquiring x-units of Fast Striker the game is selling for a $ (soon to be increase to 5$) on probably the most common smart phone in the world.

Although this isn't the first time the indie scene has done something like this:
GSP released IRiDES on DC for 22$ when it was selling for a $ on iPhone, however the dc build had more content, 4 player support, OST on CD and you got the iPhone version free with preorder.