GOAT Store Publishing: Reflections on IRIDES Limited Edition

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

GOAT Store Publishing: Reflections on IRIDES Limited Edition

Post by Christuserloeser »

via goatstorepublishing.com
Those of you that know professional production costs, producing only 144 of something means that anything we did was going to be expensive, and Irides: MoB LE had two major changes -- the first was that the instruction manual went from a four panel, single fold instruction manual like our other games to a huge manual that contains something like 25 pages, all in color for the game. The outside of the manual is completely redesigned, as is every page inside.

Secondly, we changed the disc art. A change in disc art is another tough thing to do on a limited edition, but we wanted to avoid the trap I felt the Slime Edition had fallen into, and really differentiate the product. So we did.

Next, we decided we needed to put something into the game from the developer. After a bunch of thinking, the idea of doing a limited edition poster and certificate was suggested, and we ran with it. This is another thing that I really like from anything limited, an official certificate about it. But, it needs to be personalized. Ultimately, Gary, Florian and I all signed the posters.

Finally, we wanted something cool to go with it. A lot of special editions, especially for the Dreamcast, seem to like to include soundtracks for their special editions. Well, this was an issue because ever since Feet of Fury, we have been putting the game soundtracks on the regular game discs, so you can take the disc, stick it in a CD player and get the soundtrack. We were completely opposed to removing the soundtrack from the regular game so we could charge people another $20 for it... but, we wanted to do something. So, we went and started looking at options.

The collector's coin just sort of hit us one day... it was the perfect extra! Not just could we individually number them, but they were large enough to look really cool and were relatively cost effective. Each coin cost about $12 to manufacture, but when you see them once you have received one, it's pretty obvious where that cost went. The quality is better than I had imagined, and the coins look absolutely superb.

So, as I suspect people could have guessed from the beginning, I really love this package. You get the special artwork, a special disc, a limited edition certificate / mini poster and an awesome collectors coin, and the print run is limited to 144 copies.

To me, Irides: MoB Limited Edition does everything that I wish that the Slimer Edition of Ghostbusters did. Different artwork, a signed certificate, and something to display are all parts of the package, and I display the coin proudly and look at them in detail every single time we sell a copy of the game. If you haven't seen the package yet, I intend to take a bunch of pictures and post them in the next couple weeks, so you can see all of the details for this one.

Finally, if you want to order the game, we are starting to run very low on supplies. I have no idea how much longer they'll last, but while you'll still be able to play Irides: MoB by buying a standard copy, we're never going to re-run these Limited Edition games. I'd suggest picking up your copy sooner than later!
Links:
Insane homebrew collector.