Goat Store Publishing's Future Plans

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Goat Store Publishing's Future Plans

Post by DCDayDreamer »

goatdan wrote:Oh yeah, and it doesn't help that the mailing list broke damn near immediately too. That was just the creme de la creme. Hope it isn't a sign ;)
It's only a sign for the Buffoons to get a grip on the situation.

You didn't think that you'd get away lightly did you Dan?, and remember - there's a heckler around every corner, and this one hasn't even started on the new GSP site yet. :twisted:

Across the Universe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

AAAAAAAAAAAAWWW THE GOAT IS SMILING.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

cube_b3 wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAWWW THE GOAT IS SMILING.
Goats are weird like that.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Thoroughly enjoyed the Issues Can Change Plans... Quickly post Dan, I liked the way you put the news out there and threw in the little story containing some historical facts as further reading. In my opinion, that is exactly what has been missing from GOAT for quite some time. I'm looking forward to the next post (not sure if that makes me out to be someone who likes reading or just a nerd who likes that sort of stuff).
Across the Universe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

GSP has embarked on amazing adventures and so far they have been confined to only a small circle, finally the world gets to hear the love that was invested into Dreamcast.

Also D3 (DC Day Dreamer), I am curios to hear what you think about the overall asthetic design of the website.
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Little stories like that is what I intend to continue to do throughout what we do from here on out. Sometimes, they won't actually be news, they'll just be little stories. The issues thing just seemed perfect.

I was going to throw in today's news post the history of how we first met Trickman, but it felt very tacked on, so that will come at some point in the future. But, we have enough of a history and it is probably interesting enough that others would like to read it. So, we're going with that notion and if people keep reading, I'll keep doing it.

There will also be completely newly generated content too. I'm thinking this coming Wednesday I may launch a new developer Q&A type of thing which I really like. Sort of depends on how things go. I'm going to try to do three blogs a week on it for a while at least...

Oh, and as for the site design, we do keep playing with it bit by bit. We did change the background to black the other day, and I think that looks much better. We're going to continue to experiment with stuff a little more to hit the point where it is both nice looking (it is supposed to at least sort of resemble the spine of one of our DC releases) and not overly garish (which it was before).
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I think one story a week would be better, that way I would have time to look forward to the next one.

I hope I get your games soon, so I can have a chance to see what the spines look like before saying anything.

In other news SOJ just launched the new Dreamcast website:
http://dc.sega.jp/

Will make a news post about it today.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Another three articles!

Nice to see, now I've definitely added the RSS feed to my bookmarks.

By the way Dan, the name of the RSS feed is only "RSS Feed - Latest News and Announcements". I've added it as "GOAT Store Publishing's RSS Feed - Latest News and Announcements" in my bookmarks to make it easier to identify here.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Great point, we'll get that changed!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I've just read about your idea of implementing a comment system in the GSP website. The one from Disqus is really good, easy to implement, and it's what I've been using since last year.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
goatdan
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by goatdan »

Manoel,

Thanks for the idea! The tough part is we want to integrate it with GOAT Store accounts, and also the CMS system we're using for GSP, so if we use a system from somewhere else, we may have to drastically modify it to get it to work right for us. The ticket system we're working on implementing right now is a open license solution, but we're having to build a brand new front end for it to interact with everything the way we want it too. Having said that, with any luck it should go live by the end of the week, perhaps as soon as tonight :)

That will go live on GOAT Store, followed by MGC and then Publishing I think, as we're having to implement the pieces individually as we build the new interface for each site. Should be really nice at the end though!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I am not a fan of comment system.

That is why I love this site, had we been using a conventional comment system it would be a pain in the ass to even find this news post as it would be on God only knows what page by now.