Using a Dreamcast controller on an XBox 360 and on a PS3

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Using a Dreamcast controller on an XBox 360 and on a PS3

Post by Grimlock »

So, its been figured out:

XBox 360:

PS3 (two versions):

Hail Picard!
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Using a Dreamcast controller on an XBox 360 and on a PS3

Post by not just souLLy now »

I always think mods like this are awesome, but the 360 controller is vastly, vastly better than the Dreamcast controller, can't think of any game I'd prefer to use a DC pad for. Neat anyway.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

not just souLLy now wrote:I always think mods like this are awesome, but the 360 controller is vastly, vastly better than the Dreamcast controller, can't think of any game I'd prefer to use a DC pad for. Neat anyway.
Couldn't agree more.

Even for the 360s shitty dpad, the DC one is worse. The 360 has better triggers and more buttons. The 360 controller is one of the best ones I've used in ages, again except for the dpad.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I really like the Dreamcast's controller. I never held a 360 controller so I can't say anything on how it would compare.

I'll be moving this to News since we're a little short on other news lately.
Insane homebrew collector.
choujij

Post by choujij »

Microsoft originally based the Xbox1 controller off of the Dreamcast controller. And the 360's controller is based off of the Xbox1 controller.

I can think of 3 ways I would like to see the 360's controller improve:
1) Sony-style (or similar) D-pad.
2) Built-in LCD screen. We already pay a small fortune for their controller, why not include a screen which is great for picking plays and settings during multi-player matches when your friends are over?
3) Built in flash memory, for taking game saves/profile/settings with you wherever your controller goes.

Just my two cents.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

The console manufacturer that tops the Saturn d-pad wins.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Christuserloeser wrote:I really like the Dreamcast's controller. I never held a 360 controller so I can't say anything on how it would compare.
Your not alone, while I have held the 360 Controller I have fond memories with the DC controller and can even play 2D fighters with it and enjoy them more than I do with a Playstation controller, that everybody seems to love so much that Sony hasn't bothered designing a new controller for 3 consoles.

I can't tell the difference betwen Dualshock and Dualshock 2.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

choujij wrote:Microsoft originally based the Xbox1 controller off of the Dreamcast controller. And the 360's controller is based off of the Xbox1 controller.

2) Built-in LCD screen. We already pay a small fortune for their controller, why not include a screen which is great for picking plays and settings during multi-player matches when your friends are over?
3) Built in flash memory, for taking game saves/profile/settings with you wherever your controller goes.

Just my two cents.
I would only buy old 360 controllers if they made the D-pad like the Dualshock one. It's fucking awful.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Skynet wrote:
choujij wrote:Microsoft originally based the Xbox1 controller off of the Dreamcast controller. And the 360's controller is based off of the Xbox1 controller.

Just my two cents.
I would only buy old 360 controllers if they made the D-pad like the Dualshock one. It's fucking awful.
I think the 360 d-pad is worse than either the Wiimote's or DS3's. In fact, it's probably one of the sloppiest d-pads I've ever used.

The rest of the controller is pretty solid, though.
choujij

Post by choujij »

BILAL_XIA wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:I really like the Dreamcast's controller. I never held a 360 controller so I can't say anything on how it would compare.
Your not alone, while I have held the 360 Controller I have fond memories with the DC controller and can even play 2D fighters with it and enjoy them more than I do with a Playstation controller, that everybody seems to love so much that Sony hasn't bothered designing a new controller for 3 consoles.

I believe the Dualshock 2's X, Circle, Square and Triangle buttons are pressure sensitive. They feel softer than the DS1's.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

And at last, the PS3 gets a decent controller!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

choujij wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:

I believe the Dualshock 2's X, Circle, Square and Triangle buttons are pressure sensitive. They feel softer than the DS1's.
The DualShock 2 also has stiffer analog sticks than the original DualShock or PS1 Analog Control Pad.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I'm amazed there is no lag while doing this. Though he said everything worked, yet couldn't use the control stick. 360 controller is by far my favorite controller ever, excluding the dpad.

I looked at his other videos, he has quite a collection. he has the pop n music controller which is something I have been wanting to get for my collection lol.
*The Cadillac of signatures*