Jump 'n Blob Platformer Demo Released

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jump 'n Blob Platformer Demo Released

Post by Stryfe »

Here is a bit of news I missed from a few days ago via Dreamcast.es.

An independant game development group "2D Retrospectives" has released a Dreamcast port of their "Jump 'n Blob" platformer demo.

Fillius wrote:Hello everybody,

we would like to present to you the Dreamcast release of the third demo of our platform game "Jump n Blob". We hope you enjoy and feedback is much appreciated. There are a few minor problems with this release concerning the sound which is not always played correctly. You can reach us via the contact formular on our website, which is unfortunatly available in german language only(sorry bout this and about my bad english ;-)).

best wishes

Fillius

*edit* Thanks to the kind guidance of Indiket I was able to solve the sound problem, therefore I updated the files ;-) The new versions also have a dummy file added to them for faster loading ;-)
[youtube]6PKpfokL_C4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Download via Dreamcast.es:
Dreamcast CDI (Fixed)

The official site along with downloads for the GP2X Wiz, and the Dingoo can be found here (in German):
http://www.2d-retroperspectives.org/
ImageImageImageImage
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Jump 'n Blob Platformer Demo Released

Post by melancholy »

I'm digging the art style, and it looks fun, but that sprite movement is way too fast. That little blob just sprints across the screen and it looks...unnatural. Dunno, I'm basing it off the YouTube video, but I'll still have to try it.
Maturion
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jump 'n Blob Platformer Demo Released

Post by Maturion »

it's a cool game and it's made by a german team :)