Wobble - A new Dreamcast Demo

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Wobble - A new Dreamcast Demo

Post by Quzar »

It's been a while since we had any Demoscene Dreamcast releases, but this year at Breakpoint 2010 CRTC showed off 'Wobble'

Here's what the author had to say in a comment on pouet.net:
CRTC wrote:FWIW, I was trying to show a few effects which haven't been done much -- at least with the free tools -- on the Dreamcast. I.e. (fake) phong highlighting (in one pass!), render-to-texture (for the flame effect), nice environment mapping, and bump mapping. The Voronoi effect is kind of easy on pretty much any 3D hardware, I suppose. I guess I don't really do design :-p.
An entry for the demo in the pouet.net demo database.

Alternative download link (found here)

It's really interesting and shows off some really nice effects. To top it off, it was made entirely with KOS (in the past most examples of these rarely seen special effects in demos were done either with old libs like libdream/libronin or from scratch, making it extremely difficult to replicate).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Wobble - A new Dreamcast Demo

Post by nymus »

Nice find.

I liked the look of the 'cityscape'? The many blocks in the background made the scene look complex...
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Neoblast
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Neoblast »

Wow, one of the best demos I've seen on the dc...
I didn't think the dc was capable of some of those effects...

Made with KOS ..... :o

Amazing...
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

That's pretty cool...

We got 7th place; Expect to see this "demo" in a future DCEvolution compilation.

[Thanks for the Demo]