Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Live NOW!

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Orion_
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: Elysian Shadows Kickstarter Live NOW!

Post by Orion_ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am

The Kickstarter was about an RPG game, not an RPG Maker.
You build a really nice tool that only you can use for now, but you miss the game that people are waiting for, a nice game engine without content is useless.
People didn't pay you for a tool, they paid for a game.
Retro Game Programming -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
Dreamcast, PS1, PCe, MD, Atari, Jaguar, GP32, GBA, ...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Orion_ wrote:The Kickstarter was about an RPG game, not an RPG Maker.
You build a really nice tool that only you can use for now, but you miss the game that people are waiting for, a nice game engine without content is useless.
Well, to be fair, I did.

I have no idea of Falco's (or his team's) talents when it comes to writing a plot or making artwork, but the engine looked very nice, and the idea that it would be open for anyone to develop their own game made me plunk down the $500. Had it not been for that I'd likely have just gotten a deluxe copy of the game or something.

That being said, the game itself absolutely should be completed. But it's not the part I'm most looking forward to. When the engine is released, we have the potential for tons of people to make new DC titles based on this tech. And given how many projects have been created around hacking the Quake engine, or Beats of Rage mods, I think that'll be the case.
It's thinking...
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Actually, a very large amount paid for the tool and not the game. Once again, you are making an assumption without actually knowing the facts.

Darc is by no means a very insignificant minority in why he backed us. A pretty significant number of backers don't actually care about ES itself, which is something I also have to respect.
Orion_ wrote:a nice game engine without content is useless.
Orly? Almost like... that's what a game engine is.
Elysian Shadows - "Next-Gen" 2D/3D RPG coming to Sega Dreamcast, Steam, OUYA, and Smartphones
http://www.elysianshadows.com
Orion_
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Orion_ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 am

GyroVorbis wrote:Actually, a very large amount paid for the tool and not the game. Once again, you are making an assumption without actually knowing the facts.
Well, I'm just looking at your Kickstarter page, how many people paid for the creation rewards ? about 1% of the total
|darc| wrote:
Well, to be fair, I did.
I have no idea of Falco's (or his team's) talents when it comes to writing a plot or making artwork, but the engine looked very nice, and the idea that it would be open for anyone to develop their own game made me plunk down the $500. Had it not been for that I'd likely have just gotten a deluxe copy of the game or something.
4 people did, out of ... 2282
Retro Game Programming -> http://onorisoft.free.fr/ <-
Dreamcast, PS1, PCe, MD, Atari, Jaguar, GP32, GBA, ...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Orion_ wrote:Well, I'm just looking at your Kickstarter page, how many people paid for the creation rewards ? about 1% of the total
What does that have to do with your point re: funding it for the game or funding it for the toolkit?

The release of the toolkit doesn't have anything to do with the upper tier rewards...
It's thinking...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm

GyroVorbis wrote:I have been working my ass off all day every day lately preparing for a big KS update
"Big" doesn't necessarily mean "relevant".
GyroVorbis wrote:We have a new guy doing PR to help out with the Kickstarter, and I changed the credentials from my own personal password to something for him, and now I can't remember, so I am locked out of KS
No comment.
GyroVorbis wrote:any impulsive emotional response I make out of people pissing on my work (which is a sign of low prefrontal cortex control over the amygdala, which is a tell-tale symptom of ADHD).
I see.
GyroVorbis wrote:This shit is the reason I'm on antidepressants
They don't seem to be working.

Also, I agree with what |darc| said here.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm

|darc| wrote:the engine looked very nice, and the idea that it would be open for anyone to develop their own game made me plunk down the $500. [...] When the engine is released, we have the potential for tons of people to make new DC titles based on this tech.
That's also why I backed it, but nowadays I wouldn't use ESTK anymore.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Orion_ wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:Actually, a very large amount paid for the tool and not the game. Once again, you are making an assumption without actually knowing the facts.
Well, I'm just looking at your Kickstarter page, how many people paid for the creation rewards ? about 1% of the total
|darc| wrote:
Well, to be fair, I did.
Yeaaaaaah... uh... like darc said, what does that have to do with anything? You do know that anyone who paid $15 for the base game also gets ESTk, right? :lol:
mankrip wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:I have been working my ass off all day every day lately preparing for a big KS update
"Big" doesn't necessarily mean "relevant".
...Are you seriously like... complaining about the quality of a KS update I haven't even made yet? :roll:

Yeah uh, I see you're unhappy guys, but at this point, this is pretty much becoming ridiculous. You are looking for things to complain about that aren't even real... Let's be honest here. Why am I getting 10000x more shit lately now that there is more content and more progress being made than the rest of the year put together? Are you really pissed off about the game, or is something else going on here?

If you just hate me, that's cool, but if it's something more, help my socially retarded ass understand, please. The only thing I can think of is that you're mad that updates and content were coming out on social media before they came to KS, which in retrospect makes quite a bit of sense to me, as you guys are the ones who paid to make this happen... Would me doing something like giving you guys personal video updates every so often and let you see things before everyone else and before the rest of the content goes public help to fix that? Assuming that's even the real issue here... I can totally understand that, but nobody has articulated that at all so far... or hey, maybe you can rightfully argue it isn't your job to do that? Fine. Is this the real problem?

If I'm not starting to get real feedback here anymore, then when I don't respond to this in a timely manner, you can't all freak out and pretend that I'm running off like some kind of a pussy... I literally have Qt Creator open right now, working on code, but I know I have to come respond here or people are going to freak out. This is eating into development time. I have no problem coming back and being your personal punching bag after more content is posted, but after the initial stream of things to bitch about has been exhausted and it deteriorates to personal insults and making up issues, it's no longer in either of our best interest that I linger around here.
mankrip wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:This shit is the reason I'm on antidepressants
They don't seem to be working.
Yeaaaaah, I wake up every day stoked as fuck to work on ES despite all of the toxicity and negativity I get from you guys... we're going to have to agree to disagree here. :lol:
Elysian Shadows - "Next-Gen" 2D/3D RPG coming to Sega Dreamcast, Steam, OUYA, and Smartphones
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm

GyroVorbis wrote:
mankrip wrote:"Big" doesn't necessarily mean "relevant".
...Are you seriously like... complaining about the quality of a KS update I haven't even made yet? :roll:

Yeah uh, I see you're unhappy guys, but at this point, this is pretty much becoming ridiculous. You are looking for things to complain about that aren't even real... Let's be honest here. Why am I getting 10000x more shit lately now that there is more content and more progress being made than the rest of the year put together? Are you really pissed off about the game, or is something else going on here?

If you just hate me, that's cool, but if it's something more, help my socially retarded ass understand, please. The only thing I can think of is that you're mad that updates and content were coming out on social media before they came to KS, which in retrospect makes quite a bit of sense to me, as you guys are the ones who paid to make this happen... Would me doing something like giving you guys personal video updates every so often and let you see things before everyone else and before the rest of the content goes public help to fix that? Assuming that's even the real issue here... I can totally understand that, but nobody has articulated that at all so far... or hey, maybe you can rightfully argue it isn't your job to do that? Fine. Is this the real problem?

If I'm not starting to get real feedback here anymore, then when I don't respond to this in a timely manner, you can't all freak out and pretend that I'm running off like some kind of a pussy... I literally have Qt Creator open right now, working on code, but I know I have to come respond here or people are going to freak out. This is eating into development time. I have no problem coming back and being your personal punching bag after more content is posted, but after the initial stream of things to bitch about has been exhausted and it deteriorates to personal insults and making up issues, it's no longer in either of our best interest that I linger around here.
A huge four-paragraph reply to a 5-word statement.

Being assertive is not incompatible with being concise.

I'm reading everything out of respect, but I'm not going to feed walls of text.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Uh, dude, I responded to your 5-word statement with a single sentence. That following paragraphs were not a response to that sentence...

Are you seriously just going to ignore the part where I'm trying to ask you what you want me to do to make you happy as a backer? Because that's the entire next paragraph... I was respectfully asking for an honest opinion. I don't have the will to fight with you guys anymore. Project is going well, team is in high spirits, I'm happy with the progress we're making for the first time in forever, and I would just like to get past this, so we can make a badass game together.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 pm

If you guys want to get on Skype, Discord, or anything with file transfers, I have some screen recordings of some new gameplay and menu stuff if you want to see it, but it's still WIP, so I wasn't wanting to just release it to the general public or pop it on YouTube yet.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Here is what I think would help many of your backers have some faith in this project again. No one here wants personal updates or preferential treatment. We want you to handle this project responsibly, and to be respectful to all those who gave you over $185,000 of their money.

A KICKSTARTER update which addresses the project as a whole. I will preface by saying you should NOT post a wall of colorful speeches, diatribes, or long stories blaming others. Clear the table on what happened, what is happening, what will happen and won’t happen. These points would be a good start.

1. Who are the current members of the team now?
How long have they been working on the project, and what are their jobs?

2. What sort of timeline/schedule have you and the team set for yourselves?
What you are working on, and when you want it done by.
What do you still need to do, and when do you want it done by.
What deadline have you set for yourself to getting the game to your backers?

3. Do you have any gameplay experiences finished? Or is just tech?
Even just one fully functioning town / dungeon / quest?

4. With the money all gone, how do you plan to release the game (if ever finished) to your backers?
What about your deal with watermelon, physical and collectors editions?
Other misc items like guidebook and DVD boxsets. How will you produce these now?

5. What happened to the digital notebooks for your backers that you posted in your last KS update?

6. Who will be handling updates and communication with your backers from this point on?

7. How are you correcting the mistakes you have made with the project and past team members, in order to not have them again?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 pm

GyroVorbis wrote:I'm trying to ask you what you want me to do to make you happy as a backer
Honestly, not much. Even if the game is released exactly as you promised, it's hard for me to imagine myself having fun while playing it anymore.

it's a disappointment to wait for news about the game and end up reading drama. Lots and lots of overly dramatic statements. Extracting the bits about how the game is actually progressing is a boring experience that gets progressively more sad with the disappointment of each outburst of drama.

An overly emotional attitude works well for hyping things, but not for discussing issues.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 am

Nico0020 wrote:Here is what I think would help many of your backers have some faith in this project again. No one here wants personal updates or preferential treatment. We want you to handle this project responsibly, and to be respectful to all those who gave you over $185,000 of their money.

A KICKSTARTER update which addresses the project as a whole. I will preface by saying you should NOT post a wall of colorful speeches, diatribes, or long stories blaming others. Clear the table on what happened, what is happening, what will happen and won’t happen. These points would be a good start.

1. Who are the current members of the team now?
How long have they been working on the project, and what are their jobs?

2. What sort of timeline/schedule have you and the team set for yourselves?
What you are working on, and when you want it done by.
What do you still need to do, and when do you want it done by.
What deadline have you set for yourself to getting the game to your backers?

3. Do you have any gameplay experiences finished? Or is just tech?
Even just one fully functioning town / dungeon / quest?

4. With the money all gone, how do you plan to release the game (if ever finished) to your backers?
What about your deal with watermelon, physical and collectors editions?
Other misc items like guidebook and DVD boxsets. How will you produce these now?

5. What happened to the digital notebooks for your backers that you posted in your last KS update?

6. Who will be handling updates and communication with your backers from this point on?

7. How are you correcting the mistakes you have made with the project and past team members, in order to not have them again?
Well shit. I very much appreciate you taking the time to post this. Great feedback. I will absolutely answer all of these with the post. Thank you.

Edit: Check your Facebook, I PMed you asking for your feedback on the dev notebooks.
ConnorORT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ConnorORT » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi all, I have a message for all who backed the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter campaign. Please read, thanks!
Dear Elysian Shadows Kickstarter backers.

My name is Connor Linning and back in 2014 I was contributing soundtrack work to the kickstarted game Elysian Shadows. While this should have been a happy time, the unfortunate reality is that the situation had soured to the point where I (and the majority of other people who worked on the project) felt the only option moving forward was to leave the project.

I am posting this open letter to you because I would like to try and make up for that disappointment. After leaving Elysian Shadows I developed three small free games and a couple of soundtracks for other games. For the last two years I’ve been working on my 2D RPG Towards The Pantheon which releases on May 16th. Former Elysian Shadows pixel artist Leandro Tokarveski created all of the pixel art for Towards The Pantheon and other former Elysian Shadows members such as Daniel Tindall also contributed to the game.

I am offering a free Steam key and free Bandcamp soundtrack key to all backers of Elysian Shadows. This offer is for all backers regardless of the amount of money pledged to the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter campaign. The game is roughly 10 hours long and the soundtrack consists of over 2.5 hours of music. It is important to me that anyone who has supported me knows that I work hard to deliver the best results I can for them. While obviously this is neither the game nor soundtrack you pledged for, I am offering this in gratitude of your support of my work and to show that I never took your support for granted.

To receive your free keys after the launch of the game on May 16th, send an e-mail to backerkeys@connorlinning.com using the same e-mail address associated with your Kickstarter account and include in the body the name associated with the Kickstarter account. You must include your name and use the same e-mail address so that I can verify you as a backer using the public community page on the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter page. After May 16th I will reply with your keys as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot offer this to those who preordered copies of the game while I was on the team as that data belongs to the Elysian Shadows team.

Please note that I never accepted any funds from the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter and that Towards The Pantheon was completely self-funded. Towards The Pantheon is in no way associated with Elysian Shadows. I do not intend to speak on behalf of, or represent, the Elysian Shadows company, team, or project in any way with this open letter. Pursuing other projects did not factor into my leaving the Elysian Shadows team. None of us left Elysian Shadows project with the intention of creating something new together - there was a span of over a year and a half between my leaving of Elysian Shadows and the beginning of Towards The Pantheon’s development. Since we have remained friends, it made sense to later work together again. I hope that I am clear in stating that there are no malicious intentions associated with this open letter and have no desire to rehash any past concerns with the current Elysian Shadows team. That would take away time and attention that is better focused on game development - which at the end of the day is what should really matter. I will be posting this open letter and contacting a few game journalists so that my offer can reach as many backers as possible as I do not access to the list of backer e-mail addresses.

I agree with businessman Gary Vaynerchuk that there are two ways to try and succeed; through hard work and positivity, or by tearing everyone else down and winning by default. I am in music and game development for the long haul and only want to succeed if it’s through hard work and positivity. We have limited time in life and I don’t want to spend any of it on pointless drama and negativity. This is why I have not publicly taken part in any drama regarding Elysian Shadows. I hope that the remaining Elysian Shadows members work hard and make a great game that ultimately delivers the vision promised to you, the backer. I still thank the team for the opportunity I had to work with them and wish them the best.

Thanks again to all Elysian Shadows Kickstarter backers for the incredible support you showed back in 2014. - Connor Linning
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:10 pm

ConnorORT wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:55 pm
I am posting this open letter to you because I would like to try and make up for that disappointment. [...] For the last two years I’ve been working on my 2D RPG Towards The Pantheon which releases on May 16th. Former Elysian Shadows pixel artist Leandro Tokarveski created all of the pixel art for Towards The Pantheon and other former Elysian Shadows members such as Daniel Tindall also contributed to the game.

I am offering a free Steam key and free Bandcamp soundtrack key to all backers of Elysian Shadows. [...] While obviously this is neither the game nor soundtrack you pledged for, I am offering this in gratitude of your support of my work and to show that I never took your support for granted.
I backed a game, you're delivering a game. That's fair enough given the circumstances, and it's the best news since the Kickstarter campaign ended.
ConnorORT wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:55 pm
Please note that I never accepted any funds from the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter [...].
That's news for me.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

This is how I imagined Elysian Shadows would turn out when I gave money to its Kickstarter campaign:

Sigh.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 pm

^ Thank GOD you aren't getting you what you wanted. Elysian Shadows already looks substantially better than that graphically and also has a far more fluid, capable battle system, far smoother animations, and full rigid-body physics for environmental interaction... I'm flattered that you would've settled for less, though. ;)

But seriously, we have all have been working my ass off on the game! If you haven't seen Adventures in Game Development Chapter 36, it was met with an amazing and very humbling amount of love and support. AiGD36 is a nearly 3-hour production trying to catch you guys back up with the state of the project. We've been through an insane amount of over the years. I've worked extremely hard to rebuild the broken, shattered team, this time with people who have both the commitment and the passion and expertise required to complete it. These people have been hand-selected, and after working with them for nearly 6 months, I have actually accepted that the death and rebirth of the team was the best thing that could've been possible for this project, and this game never could've been the game I wanted it to be with the previous team.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, because I have since accepted a job as a senior software engineer in the DirectX12 team of AMD and have packed up my entire life and have moved to MA, where I'm surrounded with some of the brightest, most talented, and passionate minds I've ever met, who are all largely supportive of Elysian Shadows, and where I can make driver and graphics-related issues on AMD hardware a first-class priority.

I cannot tell you all how humbled I have been by the responses to AiGD36. I went from avoiding people and the press to being surrounded by love, support, and appreciation for the project. I'm so grateful for being given the opportunity to mend my relationship with our backers, and we work together literally daily, sometimes coding into the night in our Elysian Shadows fan Discord channel https://discord.gg/UCAuzzk which I humbly invite all of you to participate in. It's kind of like a real-time interactive AiGD. All of our fans are there, plenty of my AMD coworkers are there, some Apple employees are there, some Bethesda guys are there. It's become something greater than just ES or EVMU. We're all creating things and supporting each other there, and it's just a great environment to be in.

We're working on a massive Kickstarter update right now which will contain AiGD36 and actual bullet lists of the current state of everything and all of the work that has been accomplished over the last year+ since the last Kickstarter.

I'm also working with Inolen of the "Redream" Dreamcast emulator, as he is the only one who has taken any interest whatsoever in interoping with ElysianVMU. He also happens to be an NVidia employee which is kind of hilarious... So Redream is getting first-rate issue support for both AMD and NVidia and is shaping up to be the best, most ambitious Dreamcast emulator in existence, and we are thrilled to partner with them to deliver you FINALLY the whole Dremacast experience there.

Anyway, I'm extending an olive branch to everyone in this thread. I'm sure I've been a dick, and lets be fair, towards the end, it became obvious that your issues became more about a personal distaste for me than they were about Elysian Shadows. This game is way bigger than just me, and our team mates who joined the team after all of this drama had already transpired and have never wronged you truly do deserve your support. If you're willing to put those differences aside and work with me to help make this project your own, I would be more than happy to have you back on our side again, and you should come hang out with us on Discord!
ConnorORT wrote:free game advertisement
I haven't spoken to you in years, and i don't plan to really speak to you again after this, but I will say... how "noble" of you... How noble of you to abandon a project that you committed to and allowed thousands of people to back just so you could run away. How noble of you to not give us so much as a moment's notice before quitting to give us time to find a replacement. How noble of you to claim in your own press announcement that you had been planning on quitting Elysian Shadows before we were even Kickstarted, meaning you allowed people to back a project knowing full and well you might jump ship. How noble of you to do nothing since then other than attempt to benefit from your prior affiliation with the project, including using old press connections to push your own agenda and project... which you even did while you were still on the team. How noble of you to use every avenue at your disposal to weasel your way into the ES-related press to leach off of the publicity that we are rightfully earning due only to the small technically of prior affiliation. How noble of you to never once even mention feeling any sort of obligation to a single person who backed this project, then suddenly, years later, when you've developed your own game that isn't doing so hot, you've decided to show up as a valiant knight in shining armor to save the day. How noble of you to shout and scream during your time with us that you morally and philosophically believed all music should be free for everyone, requiring us to release all of your music to the "Creative Commons," then the day after quitting, turn around and try to sell us back the music that was created for us, that you insisted should be free for everyone.

How noble of you. Have you no honor? Have you no pride? Have you no dignity? Have you no drive? Did I not teach you better than that when you were on the team when you saw me suffering and killing myself to create this backing that you feel now entitled to? You should know exactly how to make your own press by now, rather than desperately riding our coattails... not ONE of us has ever once used any sort of prior affiliation with you to benefit ourselves or our work in any way, and not one person on this team would ever stoop to something like that.

Guys, I'm absolutely an abrasive, arrogant asshole (not intentionally!) who is pretty hard to get along with, but I would never ever stoop to these levels, and I have never ever stopped fighting for the game you've purchased, and I never will. You may not like the way I conduct myself publicly or my demeanor, but my intentions have never been anything but pure, and I've never been anything but honest. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the most self-righteous, dishonest, disgusting displays I have ever seen any former team mates of any project ever do.

Connor, I will finally give you the validation that you clearly desire and the press you so clearly thirst for and are incapable of creating on your own merit: I do encourage you all to go check our Connor's game... then I encourage you to watch Adventures in Game Development and see what all of our ambitiousness, our unwillingness to settle for less, and our passion for making Elysian Shadows a true next-generation evolution of the 2D genre has all been for. Connor's game is exactly what Elysian Shadows would've been had we gone the easy route, used game maker, reduced our scope, and had kept all of the original team members: Connor's team proudly displays them on his roster. More than any amount of speculation, arguing, or bitching here could ever prove or demonstrate, you can compare them right here and right now, and see why Elysian Shadows is late and why our scope is as ambitious as it is. Our work speaks for ourselves. It is my hope that you will take the time to realize that maybe there is a reason this game is worth the wait and is taking longer than most other Kickstarters.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:39 pm

I have just been told that my comment on Connor attempting to sell us our own soundtrack may be used against me, because he said he didn't make money on the KS, and I have been asked to clarify, so I will do that now:

For the record, no, I cannot lie. I'm an honest person, unlike someone here. Connor did not take a dime of the Kickstarter money, but that's not how our project worked. We were not paid based on work, seniority, or effort. We were paid on who needed the money to be able to work on ES, and Tyler made the most money overall for his mortgage and bills. Patryk and I both, at times, weren't making a dime and were working the hardest of everyone. On the flip-side what was arranged, was a very generous percentage of future sales agreement, where Connor was given the most generous share I've ever heard of a musician get for a game. He was given the same percentage as me, who was creating engine, tools, gameplay code, and who had been working on this game for half a decade before he ever joined... and honestly, I didn't give a shit. I just wanted people to be happy. It was never about the money, it was always about the game.

Connor was constantly given special treatment that everyone else was not. We all signed NDAs and contracts stating that if we quit, all of our work would stay with the project, but Connor was the only one who refused to do so. He also insisted on working with other projects, some of which were bordering on competitors, while also working on his own game which was clearly a conflict of interested and using the press I was fighting for with ES behind my back to push his own game (I practice I still see he maintains today). We were a band of brothers, and we all respected each other so much and were so committed that nobody else would've dreamed of also being a part of another, competing project.
GyroVorbis

Post by GyroVorbis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 pm

PS: For anyone reading this thread, I spent a significant amount of time talking to mankrip on Facebook today. We've made up and have come to an understanding. I actually didn't even realize who he was on Facebook until we started talking, and I actually always considered him a friend without ever knowing his DCemu name, funnily enough.