Anyone want to partner up on a DC project?

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
VirtuaRicky
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone want to partner up on a DC project?

Post by VirtuaRicky »

Hello! I'm new here...sorta...

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, and I wanted to dive into a project that perhaps some of you might want to join in on.

My name is Ricky, and I publish an independent comic book series called 'Monster Management Security Bureau of Cincinnati' or MMSBC for short. It has a decent little following, and for the past 2 years on the convention circuit, I've used homebrew console games as a way to draw attention to my booth. I have 2 Atari 2600 titles (loosely..I mean...it's Atari 2600) based on the books, and the response has been pretty great.

Earlier this year, we shot a live commercial/short trailer for the series, and having everyone in costume got me thinking...it would be awesome to do a classic beat'm up with Mortal Kombat/Pit Fighter digitized graphics!

My first thought was BOR and doing a port for the DC (not to sell, no worries...just something to set up at my booth). I have the costumes and high end video equipment to pull off the shoot...I just lack (MOST of) the tools to pull it off. (AKA...I have Photoshop...on a Mac...)

Does this sound like something any of you would like to partner up on me with? There is no real deadline, but maybe next year or early 2015.

ABOUT MMSBC:

It's a coming of age sentai series...not quite a parody, but a loving homage to the genre. (think Voltron/Power Rangers) I'll share some picture below! Thanks for reading this rather long winded post!

Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone want to partner up on a DC project?

Post by Christuserloeser »

That is a really good idea, but you should consider selling it if it does contain all original artwork (and voices/sfx/music) even if just for the price of admission.

It can be a short game with only five levels, but you gotta make if fun so you can pop it in again and again for a quick play through.

The best thing you can do would be to look for a pixel artist for a perfect translation of your artwork onto the screen. This would make it into a real commercial Dreamcast game that could be sold at a decent price.

Personally I'd like to see that instead of the free Pit Fighter / Mortal Kombat game.

If you decide to go the pixel route I'd recommend to work with people like Mr.Q or bWWd on the programming. These are the best of the best. There are a couple of others that might be interested. Check out http://chronocrash.com and ask around there. I am sure you will find people who do exactly what you want.
Insane homebrew collector.