Help with DC file conversion

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Playing Enemy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with DC file conversion

Post by Playing Enemy »

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, and I apologize if this is mentioned somewhere on here already, and if this question is in the wrong section as well. I know what I want to do, I just don't know enough about Dreamcast files to even properly ask what it is I want to do if that makes sense. Anyways, I downloaded an OpenBor game that I want to play that is a pretty recent project, and the only version I can find of the game anywhere is in a CDI format, and when I mount the image and view the files, there are none of the normal OpenBor files, just Dreamcast files, that I'm guessing have the OpenBor files encrypted inside of them. I'm just curious if there is any way to possibly view and extract contents from Dreamcast files (.DC file extension), or convert them back. I know that all BOR games contain a .PAK file, and/or a Data folder that contains the games data files, and this disc appears to have neither. Here's a screenshot of the files. If anyone can help, or at least point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate it a lot.
Spoiler!
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Help with DC file conversion

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I must warn you that I've spotted the name 'Ripfire' next to your drive, that's the name of the guy who compiled that CDI, he was notorious for messing around with game files (the game data files within a .PAK file) so it might not be the original version of that game.

Post the contents of the README file and I'll see if I can find the original version for you.
Across the Universe
Playing Enemy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Playing Enemy »

That's funny you say that about Ripfire, because I first asked this question on ChronoCrash, and the lead Dev told me the same thing about Ripfire, and that he and his work were not to be trusted. I would have mentioned that here first too, but I didn't know anything about him before a few days ago, only that I saw his project on Gamejolt, and thought it looked pretty cool. Here is the contents of the Readme file as requested.
Spoiler!
Fighting Street (Fixed)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==================
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
==================

Fighting Street is a fangame created by Ripfire based on Ericard's Street Fighter Ultimate Collection using OpenBOR.
Actually for now, this game is more like an extension of Street Fighter One (Mugen). The game is still in development and
future version will be completely independent from Ericard's Street Fighter Ultimate Collection with exclusive plot,
enemies and combat system. Now finally 100% Dreamcast compatible! ;)

=======
CHANGE:
=======

- Fixed Characters Select
- Fixed all Stage
- Fixed "How to Play Menu"
- New Logo (^_^)*

============
DESCRIPTION:
============

Autor(s): Ericard Production
Mod: Ripfire
Category: Video Games
Genre: Fighting (Vs)
License: FreeWare
Language: English
Player: 1
Release Date: 2013.05.18 (old Version) | 2013.05.21 (Fixed Version)
Version: 1.01
Engine: OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3849 (old Version) | OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3699 (Fixed Version)
Region: Mult (NTSC & PAL)
Image: Pandus DiscJuggler Image (CDI v3.0)
SelfBoot: Yes
Console: SEGA DREAMCAST
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uploader: Ripfire
Web Page: http://rrwt.tk/
After reading this myself, I should have known better. At the very beginning he says that this game is based on "Fighting Street created by Ripfire". Uh, no it's not. Fighting Street was actually made by SEEP Productions. Dang, some people. I almost feel like a doosh just for asking for help trying to get a working copy of "his" game. If this game is actually Street Fighter Ultimate Collection, I have that game, and love it. I just thought this game was a greatly expanded on version, but it's looking like it's just a marketing ploy to try and garnish some quick praise for the work of others. I guess if you do find an actual copy if it does exist (or the "actual" game), I would be very grateful, but if you can't or don't even feel like searching, I don't blame you at all. Either way, thank you very much for the reply, and sharing some needed info with me. I appreciate it a lot.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

No problem, happy to help. I've been away from the Dreamcast community for a number of years so I'm a little bit behind with all the homebrew games, especially OpenBor games (that's why I needed to see the readme file). Here's a download page for the original version of the game, it's on the site that you mentioned: Gamejolt.

http://gamejolt.com/games/fighting-street/17816

The game downloaded fine, it extracts all the components needed to play it along with the original PAK files, here's an edited for convenience version of the readme file from the download (Italian text removed and no longer working URLs disabled):
Spoiler!
Visit the official SEEP site : seeproduction.blogspot.com

IMPORTANT: You can advertise this game, but it is PROHIBITED to upload in your site.

LANGUAGE:
When you open the file .exe you can select two languages: english and italian.

WARNING:
The OpenBor Engine was created by LAVALIT Team.
(visit: lavalit.com for more info)

This Pak is only tested on Openbor(v3)version.

you can use our material, but you MUST THANKS in loans. There seems correct ... ;)

Buttons: (Only for 1P).

Arrows = Move the character
A = Punch
D = Jump
S = Talk
F = Special
Invio = Start
F10 = Close th Game
F12 = Snapshots.
Esc = Exit

EASY MODE:
If you think is too hard beat all story mode you can use the cheat in option mode (infinite lives)

DATABASE:
Titolo Originale : Fighting Street
Sprites : S.E.E.P. / Capcom
Music : Capcom Team and SEGA (attack of barbarians)
programmers : S.E.E.P.
Engine : OpenBor (visit and support lavalit: chronocrash.com )
Players : 1-2
ArtWork : Demokun
LV System script: PierWolf
Release : September 2013
Language : English and Italian
License : Freeware
Version : 1.0
E-Mail : -seep-(AT)libero.it
Site : seeproduction.blogspot.com

Special Thanks: Senile Team, Capcom, Idealsoft and all our friends.
Hope you enjoy the game. :)

DCDayDreamer
Across the Universe