CEMU Wii U Emulator for Dreamcast Port

Be careful where you tread in here...
Specially Cork
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/

CEMU Wii U Emulator for Dreamcast Port

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm sure you've seen by now the excellent progress made on the Wii U emulator, CEMU

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... _progress/

And I see another great opportunity to boost the emulation scene on Dreamcast.

So I just want to quickly clarify who is working on this project, and whether you think fullspeed will be closer to Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Thanks.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: CEMU Wii U Emulator for Dreamcast Port

Post by Juan »

fux dem verilog leex stolen shit emu not worth of dc scene
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

who else waiting for an update 2020
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
Has thanked: 0

Post by Calavera »

As long as you set Cemu to render the internal resolution at 640x480 it should run great. Also the DC gamepad is perfectly suited to emulate a Wii U gamepad due to its VMU functionality. There wouldn't be touchscreen on the VMU but that could be remedied by using the top secret C and Z buttons.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Progress update please. It's been 4 years. Who has been working on it?
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter
Been thanked: 0

Post by atf487 »

I'll get to it after porting Freecraft/Stratagus to the Dreamcast. Been working on it off and off for 18 years though so it might be awhile before there's a beta version to test for CEMU.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

atf487 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:58 pm I'll get to it after porting Freecraft/Stratagus to the Dreamcast. Been working on it off and off for 18 years though so it might be awhile before there's a beta version to test for CEMU.
I can't wait to finally play Super Luigi U
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I ported it but someone said something mean so I deleted it
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

I am working on it. I expect to release a public alpha sometime around Thanksgiving, assuming I can get the rewrite of the Espresso (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso_(microprocessor)) emulator in assembly finished, or at least somewhat stable. Right now pre-alpha builds are available on my Patreon. Compatibility and performance are still low at this point but sound is working as of build 0.0.745-pre-08052021 with very high accuracy.

This is being developed with the help of an official dev kit using libraries and toolchains that are property of Sega and even though it's 20+ years old at this point I do not believe I'll be able to share it here.

(the extra 0 at the front of the build number is a bug)
Attachments
dev-capture - Copy.png
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Xylene wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:52 pm I am working on it. I expect to release a public alpha sometime around Thanksgiving, assuming I can get the rewrite of the Espresso (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso_(microprocessor)) emulator in assembly finished, or at least somewhat stable. Right now pre-alpha builds are available on my Patreon. Compatibility and performance are still low at this point but sound is working as of build 0.0.745-pre-08052021 with very high accuracy.

This is being developed with the help of an official dev kit using libraries and toolchains that are property of Sega and even though it's 20+ years old at this point I do not believe I'll be able to share it here.

Hi will your emulator be Thanksgiving themed?

I believe holiday themes add great value to emulators.
It's thinking...
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

|darc| wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:21 pm
Xylene wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:52 pm I am working on it. I expect to release a public alpha sometime around Thanksgiving, assuming I can get the rewrite of the Espresso (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espresso_(microprocessor)) emulator in assembly finished, or at least somewhat stable. Right now pre-alpha builds are available on my Patreon. Compatibility and performance are still low at this point but sound is working as of build 0.0.745-pre-08052021 with very high accuracy.

Hi will your emulator be Thanksgiving themed?

I believe holiday themes add great value to emulators.
It's themed but not Thanksgiving.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Is this out yet? I can post it on the new section of my Doom DC Mod Reviews site to get the word out.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Specially Cork wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:56 pm Is this out yet? I can post it on the new section of my Doom DC Mod Reviews site to get the word out.
It will probably come out around the same time that the Segagaga english translation is released.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Calavera wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:03 am
Specially Cork wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:56 pm Is this out yet? I can post it on the new section of my Doom DC Mod Reviews site to get the word out.
It will probably come out around the same time that the Segagaga english translation is released.
Thanks for the confirmation. Great to have some positive news about this. How far a long are you with these projects?
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

It's never coming out because my protected class lost the Oppression Olympics or some shit like that.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Great to finally have an update on this. Bit sad to see you announce that it's never coming out, but then I remembered you're a big Justin Bieber fan.

So with that in mind, I have to say that was a pretty good prank, but you have to get up pretty early to fool me.

So, have you nailed down a date yet? It's been almost six years and to be honest this is taking too fucking long.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thanks for the youtube embed, I realized that the board was still using an old-style flash-based embed, but with flash being deprecated now, it didn't work. so I fixed it to use a new style html based embed.
It's thinking...
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

Specially Cork wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:13 pm Great to finally have an update on this. Bit sad to see you announce that it's never coming out, but then I remembered you're a big Justin Bieber fan.

[youtube]_Z5-P9v3F8w[/youtube]

So with that in mind, I have to say that was a pretty good prank, but you have to get up pretty early to fool me.

So, have you nailed down a date yet? It's been almost six years and to be honest this is taking too fucking long.
It's never coming out. I deleted the source code and the only remaining copy is in an encrypted back up that can only be unlocked with an AES-256 key that is stored on a USB flash drive that I put under everything in a closet and it's way too much work to take everything out of the closet. I didn't feel the need to release the source code before deleting it, what's the point?

Check out my desktop.

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

While part of me wants you to get it out of the closet, I have to admit that I've spent the last two decades refusing to come out of the closet myself and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

I guess I will give up on this and wait for a port of the PS3 emulator RPCS3 instead.
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

Specially Cork wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:24 pm While part of me wants you to get it out of the closet, I have to admit that I've spent the last two decades refusing to come out of the closet myself and I don't want to be a hypocrite.

I guess I will give up on this and wait for a port of the PS3 emulator RPCS3 instead.
I was considering it but the Dreamcast is simply too under powered to emulate PS3 but... the PS2 isn't. FUCK YOU SONY WE FIGURED YOU OUT AND YOU KILLED THE DREAMCAST AND KICKED RAND LINDEN'S CAT!! I've made significant progress on my port of RPCS3 to PS2 however it only works on SCPH-7700x units thanks to an undocumented feature in the EE+GS. I expect a public beta to launch in Q3 2027. Current experimental builds are available to anyone who makes a donation to Pro Life Legal Defense Fund.