One of our old members mentioned in NullDC!

Be careful where you tread in here...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0

One of our old members mentioned in NullDC!

Post by Calavera »

In NullDC if you click on help then about it brings up the following information
Credits :
drk||Raziel : Main coder
ZeZu : Main coder
GiGaHeRz : Plugin work/misc stuff
PsyMan : Mental support, managment,
beta testing & everything else
General Plot : www & forum WIP

Beta testing :
emwearz, Miretank, gb_away, Raziel, General Plot,
Refraction, Ckemu,Falcon4ever, ChaosCode

Many thanks to :
Ector, Jim Denson, Flea, Jupi, Chankast team, lev|
and everyone else we forgot

Hate list:
Xylene, for trying to mess channels by impersonating people...
dont worry, you'l never get as good as they are.
Hate list:
Xylene, for trying to mess channels by impersonating people...
dont worry, you'l never get as good as they are.
Could it be? The same Xylene that used to post at DcEmulation? I'd say it has to be seeing how it is a Dreamcast emulator. As small as the DC scene is I doubt there is more than one Xylene.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: One of our old members mentioned in NullDC!

Post by I.M. Weasel »

thats the one. he is wanted for crimes against nature.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Wagh
Wagh
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

I miss xylene
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

he used to be known as e1x5xe and loved Tokyo Extreme Racer
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

and pills
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

Post by LyonHrt »

I loved xylene, did he piss me off, did i piss him off, i can't remember, and to be honest i hope i did, i love pissing people off. :)
I don't think i've ever been mentioned in any emulator, theres still time i'm sure.

We need a reunion, name the place and time, and i'll be there.
Just call me princess :)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Calavera wrote:Could it be? The same Xylene that used to post at DcEmulation? I'd say it has to be seeing how it is a Dreamcast emulator. As small as the DC scene is I doubt there is more than one Xylene.
Haha yeah, that's the very same Xylene.

IIRC, the reference there is from a time where Xylene entered the #dcemuuk channel on efnet using the nickname "wraggster" (who of course owned DCEmu UK). efnet doesn't have nickserv/chanserv services so you aren't auto-opped when you join a channel unless you have a bot set up to do it. Most people don't have that set up for their channels, so another op has to op them when they join the channel. Well, Xylene impersonated wraggster and another op opped Xylene without looking at the hostmask/ISP information to verify that it really was wraggster. I don't remember exactly what Xylene did at that point, probably kicked/banned everyone or removed all the ops or something like that.

:guffaw:
It's thinking...
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

|darc| wrote: Sat May 30, 2015 10:03 pm
Calavera wrote:Could it be? The same Xylene that used to post at DcEmulation? I'd say it has to be seeing how it is a Dreamcast emulator. As small as the DC scene is I doubt there is more than one Xylene.

IIRC, the reference there is from a time where Xylene entered the #dcemuuk channel on efnet using the nickname "wraggster" (who of course owned DCEmu UK). efnet doesn't have nickserv/chanserv services so you aren't auto-opped when you join a channel unless you have a bot set up to do it. Most people don't have that set up for their channels, so another op has to op them when they join the channel. Well, Xylene impersonated wraggster and another op opped Xylene without looking at the hostmask/ISP information to verify that it really was wraggster. I don't remember exactly what Xylene did at that point, probably kicked/banned everyone or removed all the ops or something like that.

That's exactly what happened and I'd do it again given the chance. I wasn't opped immediately, I asked for it and someone did it no questions asked. I gave them their damn channel back and they should have learned a lesson about about opsec.

I remember someone from NullDC whining up a storm saying I was going to be in the credits but I never saw it myself.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Xylene wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm That's exactly what happened and I'd do it again given the chance. I wasn't opped immediately, I asked for it and someone did it no questions asked. I gave them their damn channel back and they should have learned a lesson about about opsec.

I remember someone from NullDC whining up a storm saying I was going to be in the credits but I never saw it myself.
Xylene has returned! Even though I know it is pronounced "zai-leen" To this day I still read your name as "X-line"
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

Anyone have a screenshot of this? I am too lazy to look for myself.
Semorph
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Semorph »

Xylene wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm
|darc| wrote: Sat May 30, 2015 10:03 pm

That's exactly what happened and I'd do it again given the chance. I wasn't opped immediately, I asked for it and someone did it no questions asked. I gave them their damn channel back and they should have learned a lesson about about opsec.

That's amazing
Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

I am still waiting for a screenshot. I am not installing that trash on any of my computers.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Xylene wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:19 pm I am still waiting for a screenshot. I am not installing that trash on any of my computers.
I got it for you. I hope you actually see it because it wasn't easy to get! I haven't used NullDC in years. I switched over to the paid version of ReDream and it is far superior. But I did still have NullDC in my Dreamcast folder. It refused to load under Windows 10. Well it would load and then immediately crash. I wasn't going to let it beat me so I ended up running it in a Windows 7 virtual machine. So anyways here is your screenshot

not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

This file MUST be included without any alteration with the source in any release using my changes.
Original file can be found at http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/radquake/readme_speud.txt or http://speud5.free.fr/radquake/readme_speud.txt

What's new ?
-----------
- converted SDL rendering to 2d PVR rendering (glitches in bottom left corner)
- implemented VMU support for config and state saving/loading (new cvars)
- modified the menu (fixed some bugs and added some submenus)
- implemented characters face display on the VMU's screen (loaded from a 144x160 1-bit image located in /cd/lcdicons.png)
- implemented rumble pack support (new cvars - only tested with Mad Catz's)
- modified Quake common functions to gain some speed (store queues)
- implemented a 50/60Hz display mode selector for PAL Dreamcasts
- implemented screenshots saving to PC (requires a coder cable or a BBA, screenshots are saved to /pc/radquake**.pcx)
- added extra icon for the VMU (ICONDATA_VMS)
- added extra background image for the boot menu (EXTRA.BG.PVR)
- implemented ability to move/resize the screen
- fixed the "quit" option so it leaves the application with DC-load
- implemented a main screen with a disc checking routine (it looks for /cd/QUAKE/ID1/PAK0.PAK)

Known issues ?
--------------
- the bottom left corner part of the screen's rendering is a bit delayed.
- the rumble pack functions might not be compatible with devices other than Mad Catz's ones.
- when reducing screen's size in the "video" submenu the player's stats are not properly overwritten (change the status bar position).
- sometimes the game could crash when trying to save a game and the uncompressed data is bigger than the free RAM.

Special thanks:
---------------
- Ian Micheal for having let me work freely on this update of his project without any sort of forcing.
- Ian Micheal again for the main screen and extra BG images, and for optimization tips (that didn't pay off sadly).
- Jonas Norberg http://www.acc.umu.se/~bedev/software/vq/ for his legal VQ encoder (used for the extra BG image).
- Burner0, Metafox and Melancholy for the LCD icons.
- people who supported this project from the begining and kept supporting it whatever happened.

Important note:
---------------
I'd like to mention here a few people that didn't help, their negative, unrespectful and ungrateful attitude is a shame for the DC scene.
Here they are: Wraggster, souLLy, ace, Ender, Butters and Christuserloeser.

There were probably some more people but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
Also dcemulation.com and dcemu.co.uk tend to bash some devvers for personnal reasons, so if you are a devver willing to contribute i don't recommand these places.

Useful links:
-------------
- Blue Swirl - http://blueswirl.fr.st - My site ;) VMU files and tools for the DC.
- IMR Technology - http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/ - Ian Micheal's sites. Tons of free DC games and emus. Also has a forum, although it's not so popular yet, people who try to contribute are not bashed there.
- Cryptic Allusion Game Dev - http://gamedev.allusion.net/ - Dan Potter's and CA's site. KallistiOS' home, the free library used for most free DC projects.
- Dreamcast Programming - http://mc.pp.se/dc/ - Marcus Comstedt's site. If you intend to program for the DC you have to visit this site.
- ljsdcdev - http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk - BlueCrab's site. It has a tutorial to set up your DC environment with MinGW that helped me getting everything to work very easily.
I think we can all agree retrospectively that Speud was right
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Damn. Wraggster is a shame and Xylene will never get as good as him?
Xylene, you really are trash!
It's thinking...
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

This is blastin' my pastin'.
Didnt Ian Micheal go on to become congressman George Santos?
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Dang, it was a bit of a pain to get NullDC to run to be able to get that screenshot and Xylene never even saw it. :(