DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Hi,

Ok, I have not posted here or much of anywhere else in a long time. I felt it was time to ask. With the scene slowing down I believe it could use some less super high key and maybe a little easier to do projects.

All that being said, Years ago....before all the Reaper stuff came down... he and I believe Warmtoe were involved in something that I see as one of the more promising projects for older generic consoles. It was the porting of M.E.S.S. Now I know that Reaper pulled some stunts... so if we can leave that behind for a moment I have to ask... Would it be possible for a dev here to pick up M.E.S.S. as a project and bring us things like a perfected Intellivision, Lynx and perhaps even a Finished TI99-4A emulator? (heck maybe even work out the last little bug in the 7800 emu) The porting the first time seemed to be only half the work so I know it would need two people (perhaps Warmtoe himself could help out) to re-port the newest version and fix the issues that were a major problem. I will be trying to get some new cd-rs soon so I would be willing once I do to test and help bug hunt. I will let you know I am not a pro at it but I was good enough to hunt down the bugs in lock n chase back then lol. Anyways, I hope this at the very least gets looked at.

Your brother in the DC Emu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602