Question.....an old unfinished project, it had promise.

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
Link
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question.....an old unfinished project, it had promise.

Post by Link »

Hi,

Ok, I have not posted here or much of anywhere else in a long time. I felt it was time to ask. With the scene slowing down I believe it could use some less super high key and maybe a little easier to do projects.

All that being said, Years ago....before all the Reaper stuff came down... he and I believe Warmtoe were involved in something that I see as one of the more promising projects for older generic consoles. It was the porting of M.E.S.S. Now I know that Reaper pulled some stunts... so if we can leave that behind for a moment I have to ask... Would it be possible for a dev here to pick up M.E.S.S. as a project and bring us things like a perfected Intellivision, Lynx and perhaps even a Finished TI99-4A emulator? (heck maybe even work out the last little bug in the 7800 emu) The porting the first time seemed to be only half the work so I know it would need two people (perhaps Warmtoe himself could help out) to re-port the newest version and fix the issues that were a major problem. I will be trying to get some new cd-rs soon so I would be willing once I do to test and help bug hunt. I will let you know I am not a pro at it but I was good enough to hunt down the bugs in lock n chase back then lol. Anyways, I hope this at the very least gets looked at.

Your brother in the DC Emu Scene,
Link
Your Brother in the DCEmu Scene,
Link

DI Boot tutorial in this thread http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10602