Cave Story

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cave Story

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...I've been wanting to play this for some time, and it would be a really great game to see on DC. It's already been ported to PSP and (in an incomplete version) to DS.

More info.
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cave Story

Post by henzenmann »

Best homebrew game ever!

There is a port to SDL going on at the moment. The problem is that the original author Pixel, while giving out the source code to certain port efforts, does not want the source code to be redistributed.

He gave the source code to a guy doing an SDL-based GameCube port, and gave him permission to collaborate with a guy doing a GP2X port. In order to do a Dreamcast port (or any other SDL-supported platform that isn't already covered), one would have to contact Pixel and the guys above in order to get permission to collaborate.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Re: Cave Story

Post by Tyne »

I'd be interested in this working on Dreamcast, even though I have it on my XBox. One of my new favorite games.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."