Battle DCity

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Battle DCity

Post by Krut »

Hello guys!

Dont know if you remember me, ive been on and off of the DC scene for a while, i was in charge of the graphics of BurgerDC (wich i plan to retake sometime soon).

Anyways, ive been working on a side proyect, wich, most of you familiar with the classic title Battle City, should recognize.

Anyways, i have some pretty fun ideas for this proyect, wich would be practically impossible to implement by myself, and i think we could really take advantage of some characteristics of the DC.

The game is basically, an overhead tank game, for up to 4 (human) players, to battle out, in different gamemodes.

- Deathmatch
- Conquer the flag
- Cooperative
- King of the hill
- Floorpaint

A somewhat crazy idea, ive been toying around, is having some sort of stealth, provided by the shadows on the game, so, when covered by one you dissapear from screen, but you can still move, and stablish your position on the vmu of each joystick, hence, covering up your position to other players.

The idea would be to have a level editor, and a 1/2 player story mode, battling out the cpu controlled tanks, while trying to preserve your base, and of course a heavy emphasys on the multiplayer mode, wich played on the crappy pc version (with 4 players, seem pretty damn fun, imo) bellow.

A link to something i´ve been putting up together, sort of an example if you will.
http://d.turboupload.com/d/1390848/BC.zip.html

Well, im hoping someone would get interested in this, and forgive the poor hosting were i placed the file.

Cheers peeps-
Capcom vs. Snk ? meh!
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

The idea's there just gotta find someone to help.

Here's a mirror.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Looks good indeed, and I like the VMU idea. Good luck finding help! I wish I could help you myself, but I only code in Fenix, and the DC Fenix runtime doesn't support four controllers or vmu screen for the moment.
Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by Krut »

Well, its a damn shame, no one is up to this...but still, im up for making a DC project.

I havent talked to Ian, as of late, but i read that he was taking distance from burger DC, and he released the source....maybe someone is willing to team up with me, and pick up where we left.

Mostly, i just want to make something new and fun for the dreamcast...hopefully, someone is on the same page as me.

Waiting on your replies guys.

-Christopher G.
Capcom vs. Snk ? meh!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I somehow missed this release ! Thanks for sharing the demo ! :D
Krut wrote:I havent talked to Ian, as of late, but i read that he was taking distance from burger DC, and he released the source....maybe someone is willing to team up with me, and pick up where we left.
Nah, he's actually interested on picking it up again. Catch him at DCEmu UK.

Anyway, good luck on all your projects, this is looking great and I enjoyed BurgerDC a lot :)

It also made it on the neverending story that is the Sandman Demo Disk Vol.1 which we finally released a few weeks ago.
Insane homebrew collector.
Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by Krut »

Christuserloeser wrote:
Nah, he's actually interested on picking it up again. Catch him at DCEmu UK.

Anyway, good luck on all your projects, this is looking great and I enjoyed BurgerDC a lot :)

It also made it on the neverending story that is the Sandman Demo Disk Vol.1 which we finally released a few weeks ago.
Actually, i was saying that Ian was taking distance, based on a post on DCemu Uk..

"It's not entirely dropped, I just can never find time to work on it - anyway, I'll release the source too:-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian_edw...ime_source.zip

I would love someone else to pick it up and run with it - no problem, but you must give me credit in anything that uses this code. Morally!"

Though, i will try to contact him to try and pick it up, thanks for the kind wishes, and the info on the Sandman Disk...burning it right now.

-Christopher G.
Capcom vs. Snk ? meh!
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Krut wrote:Well, its a damn shame, no one is up to this...but still, im up for making a DC project.
Like I told you on MSN, I have a semi-self-ban against making straight up clones. Not only that, but we are trying to get another DC project off the ground for the GOAT Store before the end of the year (doubt it will happen though). It is sad to see it abandoned though after making it so far.

I love Burger Time, but I doubt I could pick up the project.

- Fuzmeister