a question about DC games

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

a question about DC games

Post by legit nyck »

you guys can make a game from scratch?
one fatal fury wild ambition would be possible for dreamcast?
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: a question about DC games

Post by cube_b3 »

Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition would have made an excellent edition to Dreamcast's library.

But the superior hardware of Dreamcast would have forced SNK to really give the game an overhaul and they didn't want to do that. That is the only reason I can think of why they didn't port it themselves. I have only seen clips of the game on YouTube and haven't played it myself. It looks like it plays better then Maximum Impact.

Anyway, it is unlikely any one will port the game. Given that SNK hasn't released the source code for it.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: a question about DC games

Post by legit nyck »

cube_b3 wrote:Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition would have made an excellent edition to Dreamcast's library.

But the superior hardware of Dreamcast would have forced SNK to really give the game an overhaul and they didn't want to do that. That is the only reason I can think of why they didn't port it themselves. I have only seen clips of the game on YouTube and haven't played it myself. It looks like it plays better then Maximum Impact.

Anyway, it is unlikely any one will port the game. Given that SNK hasn't released the source code for it.
it is really a pity in my opinion was the best fatal fury already created
devastating combos and Mr.Karate at its best
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar