Fighters Megamix 2

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
rabidrage
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fighters Megamix 2

Post by rabidrage »

Before you judge this idea, please hear me out. It's pretty unique, and I think it has promise if done right!

I would LOVE to see Fighters Megamix adapted to DC, even though I own the game, as well as a Saturn. Why? More room for more characters.

If someone--anyone--could mix in characters from Tekken and Battle Arena Toshinden, I would be in heaven. I know the mechanics are different. I know there would be no game balance between guys who throw massively destructive fireballs and guys who just do kind of fancy martial arts. I don't care. I would embrace it!

To fix the game mechanics, I would want to see the Tekken and Battle Arena Toshinden characters adapted to the Fighters Megamix style. That is, the left and right shoulder buttons would be for dodging, the A button would be for blocking--but then the rest would be used as needed to preserve their abilities. Their stages wouldn't need to be ported, but if it's easy enough, I suppose they could be. That way, in addition to open and closed arenas, you've got arenas which allow for ring-outs. It adds to the variety.

Ah, but which Tekken, and which Battle Arena Toshinden? I'd say whichever offers the most characters. Seriously. Imagine--Gaia vs. B.M. Duke Rambert vs. Siba. Dural vs. Heihachi. Ellis vs. Panda. All the most unlikely battles you can think of could actually happen! It's crazy. It's weird. It's AWESOME.

Will someone make this? Please? Maybe I'll pay you.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fighters Megamix 2

Post by DaMadFiddler »

That would be a very large undertaking for the sort of things done here.

For starters, the original couldn't be "adapted," since we don't have access (or rights) to the original source code and assets. To make this happen, the game would have to be completely re-coded from scratch for the Dreamcast, and there just aren't that many people left in the DC homebrew scene to take on such a demanding task.

A more realistic goal would be a 2D game mod--possibly a Beats of Rage mod or add-on levels and characters for SmashGP or Super Mario War. Alternatively, if you have the time and the skill, you can try building a Quake mod to accomplish this goal, as there are fairly mature incarnations of the Quake engine for Dreamcast. However, that would still be a lot of work, and it would be rather tricky to get the mechanics right. There was a team developing a fighting game for the Goat Store a few years back using the Quake engine, but they ended up abandoning the project after running into technical roadblocks.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Fighters Megamix 2

Post by legit nyck »

rabidrage wrote:Before you judge this idea, please hear me out. It's pretty unique, and I think it has promise if done right!

I would LOVE to see Fighters Megamix adapted to DC, even though I own the game, as well as a Saturn. Why? More room for more characters.

If someone--anyone--could mix in characters from Tekken and Battle Arena Toshinden, I would be in heaven. I know the mechanics are different. I know there would be no game balance between guys who throw massively destructive fireballs and guys who just do kind of fancy martial arts. I don't care. I would embrace it!

To fix the game mechanics, I would want to see the Tekken and Battle Arena Toshinden characters adapted to the Fighters Megamix style. That is, the left and right shoulder buttons would be for dodging, the A button would be for blocking--but then the rest would be used as needed to preserve their abilities. Their stages wouldn't need to be ported, but if it's easy enough, I suppose they could be. That way, in addition to open and closed arenas, you've got arenas which allow for ring-outs. It adds to the variety.

Ah, but which Tekken, and which Battle Arena Toshinden? I'd say whichever offers the most characters. Seriously. Imagine--Gaia vs. B.M. Duke Rambert vs. Siba. Dural vs. Heihachi. Ellis vs. Panda. All the most unlikely battles you can think of could actually happen! It's crazy. It's weird. It's AWESOME.

Will someone make this? Please? Maybe I'll pay you.
talking about this game know that totally escapes the question put by (ppl)
but I remembered an interesting trick to open a secret character in sega saturn (turn on and turn off the console 80 times to release the palmtree that soon the game but is also one of the fighters xD
(Note: I did not know the version for DC)
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar