CubicVR Lighting Pipeline in other engines..

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
speewave
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CubicVR Lighting Pipeline in other engines..

Post by speewave »

So from what i've seen on the CubicVR Videos they have a pretty awesome lighting system thats done in Optimized SH4 Assembly... allowing multiple dynamic vertex point lights... there's a video of it on Youtube of it using 3\4 pointlights , ligthing a terrain and multiple boxes!

just wondering, what about using that code in other engines (Parallax \ PVR Calls\ Etc.,)?

it would be good for porting or making programs with out the need of the Whole CubicVR engine in memory or even KGL-X....

i'm still a noob to DC Programming so i wouldn't have a clue how much of a Challenge this is or not...
=====
The DC Port is either at a stand still or inactive... according to SF's SVN, no commits have been submitted in 15 months for it's Dreamcast Port!
It's seems like a good engine.... (it kinda re-inspired me to program my DC, seeing something Optimized For Dreamcast)