Thanks for giving it a try! And thanks for the feedback.
I will attempt to categorize your "bugs":
Known Bugs That Need Fixing:
- I find quite hard to enter to the door, you have to be exactly at the middle, looking at right, and press up. Maybe just when the player touches the door?
->Fair enough, my code is too unforgiving:-) I can and will set the "hit-box" to a larger size!
- Sometimes, you die "twice". I mean, the dead music sounds twice before returning to the map.
->Only happens sometimes, that makes it hard to determine the exact problem, but it is related to the threading system in place for the audio streaming...
Known Bugs That are Fixed:
- When a level starts, you can read before 00:00 something like: Time: 0-10-1929...
->This was a simple problem of uninitialized variables.
Things that not bugs, they are simply not implemented yet:
- Still infinite lives, missing a game over yeaaaaah (see Sega Rally 2 hehe).
- Normal jump is always same height.
- The winning music is playing at the same time as the level background. Also happens with the die music.
- You can kill a goomba just running into him!! hahahaha
- When you die or pass a level, you should mantain your coins... you know: 100 coins = 1 up
- How about adding a score system? 1 goomba = 100 points
->So far, I have focused on the core features of the game engine,. when that is mostly finished, I will focus on adding these features to the game
Things that are not bugs:
- You can pass the brown blocks (level 2) from down (X+A). It should block, isn't it?
-> Nope, tha'ts how the game is supposed to be!