Wrestling related stuff I have made

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wrestling related stuff I have made

Post by AgentGreen »

I made these logos to replace the horrendous logo seen on this site:
http://www.therealawa.com

Image Image

They like them and want to replace the one they have because they know it's crap, but they haven't told me which one they want yet.

And I made this for a local wrestling promotion who is a part of the aformentioned AWA:

AND I made this T-Shirt design for the aforementioned AWA. Here's the front
And here's the reverse side: dependant on which logo they like
Image Image

And, out of the realm of "real" wrestling, Here are some belts I made for the BlueGuerilla fantasy wrestling league that I run:

None of it is anything great artistically, but I think they're still kinda cool in a way.
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Wrestling related stuff I have made

Post by henzenmann »

And here I was, thinking that you couldn't probably be any gayer :P
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Out of you and me, only one of us is flamer :x
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

So what you're saying is he's gay coz he likes wrestling? I like wrestling, no where near as much as I used to but it still entertains me. Because that is what it is meant to be ENTERTAINMENT!

No one gives you crap about shows you like. :?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Anyway. I made a different logo because my laptop crashed so I don't have access to the original logos. So I made a new one and they thought that was the best so now they're using it and other images I had made on their website:
http://www.therealawa.com
henzenmann
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by henzenmann »

Skynet wrote:So what you're saying is he's gay coz he likes wrestling?
Other way around :wink:. Either way, it was meant as a joke... apparently it wasn't a good one so please just ignore it then.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Thinking about it, wrestling isn't all that bad as I used to think. Actually, there are things about wrestling I really like: Many kinds of sports are VERY brutal, while Wrestling isn't. At all. Many kinds of sports do cheat (read: totally fuck) the viewers and fans (e.g. soccer, boxing, etc.), while wrestling doesn't. The opposite is the case: It's one of the most honest kind of sports out there.
Insane homebrew collector.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

lol wow so a they making an aliance(and calling themselves the AWA) because they were all kicked out of the awa (american wrestling association) last year because they were too small and run down since the awa were ending their open membership policy and are going more the NWA (national wrestling alliance) route by havng a more selective membership, not really wanting to have promotions running out of american legion halls and high school gyms.

http://www.awastars.com/
lol they have some balls for doing this hope they are ready for law suits from the awa and wwe in the coming year.
well they better hope they don't get big or at least some notice because they would be sued. should at least call the alliance something else.
the awa (american wresting association ) was able to atleast get some publicity ) granted no where near what the nwa has got over the last year with them making some major improvements and getting the nwa name out for once after they ended the deal with tna having rights to the world and world tag titles.

the nwa went to sign sid to an exclusive deal, and have a tv show on dish network and online as well as a major dvd deal. and doing a national tour.

still nowhere near where it was in the early 90s even after wcw got away from the nwa pretty muchkilling them and the nwa lost members and tried to hold on to ecw but paul heyman killed what was left of them in order to change wrestling forever only to lose out in the end due to some bad business decisions (running the business end himself) and pro wrestling suffering due to wwe control.

well atleast in the usa we have ROH (ring of honor) (the ecw of the 2000's)

by the way i like you logo better than the one they peviously had (that was a piece of shit)
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Christuserloeser wrote:Thinking about it, wrestling isn't all that bad as I used to think. Actually, there are things about wrestling I really like: Many kinds of sports are VERY brutal, while Wrestling isn't. At all. Many kinds of sports do cheat (read: totally fuck) the viewers and fans (e.g. soccer, boxing, etc.), while wrestling doesn't. The opposite is the case: It's one of the most honest kind of sports out there.

never got into fmw BJW, or iwa japan i see (about wrestling not being brutal)

ajpw big van vader vs stan hansen (in japan they work a stiff style , meaning they dont really pull punches, because the croweds expect a more brutal real style)
also stan hansen has always worked this style which is why he was never signed by the wwf and became a huge star in japan. he orked like this cause hes nearly blind and can't see well so he goes full force because if he tried to do any other way it would look too fake. :)

this is the match where vader( leon white of the AWA *see sorta onto the original topic, but original awa late 8s early 90s he wrestled actually both have at different points in time) has his eye popped out of its socket
part 1

part 2

part 3
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

gamedudex2 wrote:lol wow so a they making an aliance(and calling themselves the AWA) because they were all kicked out of the awa (american wrestling association) last year because they were too small and run down since the awa were ending their open membership policy and are going more the NWA (national wrestling alliance) route by havng a more selective membership, not really wanting to have promotions running out of american legion halls and high school gyms.

http://www.awastars.com/
lol they have some balls for doing this hope they are ready for law suits from the awa and wwe in the coming year.
well they better hope they don't get big or at least some notice because they would be sued. should at least call the alliance something else.
the awa (american wresting association ) was able to atleast get some publicity ) granted no where near what the nwa has got over the last year with them making some major improvements and getting the nwa name out for once after they ended the deal with tna having rights to the world and world tag titles.

the nwa went to sign sid to an exclusive deal, and have a tv show on dish network and online as well as a major dvd deal. and doing a national tour.

still nowhere near where it was in the early 90s even after wcw got away from the nwa pretty muchkilling them and the nwa lost members and tried to hold on to ecw but paul heyman killed what was left of them in order to change wrestling forever only to lose out in the end due to some bad business decisions (running the business end himself) and pro wrestling suffering due to wwe control.

well atleast in the usa we have ROH (ring of honor) (the ecw of the 2000's)

by the way i like you logo better than the one they peviously had (that was a piece of shit)
1. You just raped the English language. At least TRY for proper sentence structure and capitalization! Christ, if someone talked the way you wrote they'd pass out from oxygen deprivation.

2. The Affiliates left AWA Superstars of Wrestling because Dale Gagner is a crook and a cheapass and would chop off his nose to spite his face. He dropped ZERO-1 of Japan, the most popular and profitable promotion, from AWA Superstars because Masato Tanaka was bringing in money by defending the title in "unsanctioned matches."

3. Mountaineer Wrestling Association was one of the biggest draws in America for AWA Superstars, not one of the promotions that were cut a couple years back. In fact all of the promotions that were AWA Superstars territories that are now in the American Wrestling Affiliates were NOT dropped because of low attendance/profitability, they all left voluntarily because they were sick of Dale Gagner.

Two of the affiliates weren't even IN AWA Superstars: Championship Wrestling, which is one of the biggest wrestling promotions in Tenessee and has its own weekly TV Show, and IHW, a strong promotion in Maritime Canada and Eastern Quebec

4. AWA Superstars is too embroiled with a legal battle with the WWE to even try to sue them and even still, neither they or the WWE would have a case against the American Wrestling Affiliates because
  • They use a distinctly different logo than the old AWA, which WWE now owns.
  • They do not own the words "American" and "Wrestling" no matter how much Vince would like to think he does.
  • The American Wrestling Affiliates actively states that they are not a new incarnation of the old AWA or the AWA Superstars of Wrestling.
  • Something as simple as having the same initials, even in the same kind of business, cannot be basis for a legal case in America unless the one being sued does not actively try to say they are not the same as the other one (See previous statement).And if you bring up the World Wildlife Fund deal, read up on it a little more. The lawsuit was the result of Vince breaching an agreement signed in 1994 and it was a suit that took place in Britain)
5. ECW was fun while it lasted but it only lasted on its own for 6 or 7 years. The fact that the NWA is still around hardly means it was killed off. To quote NWA President, Bob Trobich:"Seems if he (Paul Heyman), in fact, wanted to kill off he NWA, he should have tried to run it, since given his track record, that would have been a sure recipe for its death."
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

1. This is just a message board, so i don't always worry how i type. :)

2. True about the awa, but also the other awa can be have a law suit by the wwe. wwe owns the right to the AWA letters as well.

3. wwf is now wwe due to a lawsuit by the wwf (world wildlife fund)

4. The nwa wished they had heyman, they would have been in great shape right now.
heyman and jim crocket formed an nwa promotion in the 90s, heyman left the project due to his commitment with ecw.
they were also the first promotion to shoot in HD,

The nwa though has been a shell if its former self for well over a decade.

For the past few years it didnt even have a champion since they signed the world and world tag belts over to tna for a limited amount of time. Lucky for them tna wanted out so they could establish the tna brand and have kurt angle as the first ever tna world champ.

But for the past year the nwa has started growing again. I hope it doesnt fail though. They have a small tv deal for NWA SHOWCASE. they are in works with airing it in spanish. And blue demon jr has started NWA mexico of which will air on spanish tv in the usa. They also signed a national dvd deal with bigvision entertainment ,

But back to awa superstars and zero 1. i'm glad those promotions left Dale, because he did nothing for them or the awa superstars brand. It just seamed like a group of individual companies working as individuals, not a true umbrella system at all.

2. While zero 1 was without a doubt a big promotion to have they were also losing money and at risk of going under. Japan hasn't been doing so well as of late. They have been a little stale, and need a good shake up. Unless you are ajpw or njpw then you have worries (asside from igf they are doing fine so far)

I think zero 1 was recently rumored to join the nwa, njpw has recentl rejoined the national wrestling alliance. But the nwa needs a big promotion that can help them right now. TNA just wasn't it.

I just wish ROH would have joined them, while not huge they would be of great value as a strong territory to compete with nwa pro and nwa anarchy(formerly wildside)

One thing is im glad that the nwa is getting more selective of members they take in. in the early 90s the nwa was dead. They really had no one, and were willing to take anyone in, but since they got bigger again they didnt want to have promotions that could only rep them in american legion halls and gyms.

They nwa is running a national tour right now. and have signed SID to an exclusive contract (which if offered a deal he wants to sign with wwe, he will be allowed to though)
rob conway is signed with the NWA (main nwa like sid) hes looking pretty good. he also does color sometimes on showcase.

and ecw was around since around 1990 :) wells as twa, then eastern championship wrestling, then extreme championship wrestling.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

1. This is just a message board, so i don't always worry how i type. :)
You should. If you don't want to write your posts properly, why should anybody take the time to read them properly?