Keeping track of your Dreamcast saves

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Keeping track of your Dreamcast saves

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

So I was reading in another topic about difficulty keeping track of Dreamcast game saves due to the auto-save feature. That can definitely be annoying. One thing that I have done to keep track of my game saves is using different colored/labeled vmus. For instance, I have a blue vmu for my Bleem! games...I know pretty clever. Also, I sort out my saves by game genres. Since the Dreamcast was such a cornucopia of arcade goodness, I've got a vmu for fighters, a vmu for puzzle/shooters, etc. Also, games that I have beaten that I am pretty sure that I won't go back to playing are on another vmu. Once a vmu gets full, I just put it in a ziplock bag so that way I know it is pretty much finished with regards to playing.

Hope this helps!

Any other suggestions?
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Keeping track of your Dreamcast saves

Post by cube_b3 »

Nice Read.