Upcoming commercial Dreamcast games (2010/2011)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Upcoming commercial Dreamcast games (2010/2011)

Post by Christuserloeser »

A list of upcoming commercial Dreamcast games I initially compiled for Dreamcast-Scene.com:
While most release dates aren't exactly accurate, we know that each of these games is still actively being worked on.*

*Well, things don't look too good for Donk and Little Ninja atm. :(
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Upcoming commercial Deamcast games (2008/2009)

Post by cube_b3 »

While the German games might make it this year, as for the Goat line up we would be lucky if R4 came out.
Maturion
Has thanked: 0

Post by Maturion »

That's quite a lot of games, the scene is pretty much alive.

But sadly we haven't heard anything from several projects in a long time. Are there any news on Dynamite Dreams?
Christuserloeser

Maturion wrote:But sadly we haven't heard anything from several projects in a long time. Are there any news on Dynamite Dreams?
Dynamite Dreams is still being worked on afaik. I think patbier is looking for a decent video player routine for the game's FMV sequences.

We haven't heard from Dalforce (XOP) in an eternity. Dunno what's up with the game. Donk has a new programmer (carbon14 from these forums), Rael: The Redemption, while still being worked on, might take a while to complete. I will see if I can contact rmedtx, the game's author, if he's still aiming for a commercial Dreamcast release (I really hope so).

BILAL_XIA wrote:as for the Goat line up we would be lucky if R4 came out.
I really wonder what happened to Goat Games Vol.1... A collection of exclusive mini games & demos of the Goat games was a nice idea and there were some entries already, including exclusive versions of DCSquares and Cool Herders. What happened to them ?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I know i'll be getting wind and water, any SHUMPs that come our way, ginas return. and I didn't realize AOB was going to be commercial, regardless I do want it?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:I really wonder what happened to Goat Games Vol.1... A collection of exclusive mini games & demos of the Goat games was a nice idea and there were some entries already, including exclusive versions of DCSquares and Cool Herders. What happened to them ?
I have a preview CD of it that Metafox had made for the DreamCons in '05. I had emailed the goat store to ask about releasing it but never got any reply =\. It has demos of Bryx, Copper Swapper, DCSquares, Dziokozit, and Grizzlies. It also seems to have full copies of Inhabitants, Cool Herders, and Maqiupai; but I havn't burned it to disc in a long time so I can't remember if those are even accessible (IIRC it's a two menu system where it asks if you want to play one of those or the Goat Games Demo).

Anyways, all the games were pretty much finished, GOAT store just dropped it (afaik. I'm not privvy to what is behind their NDA).
Attachments
LOADING.PNG
LOADING.PNG (31.16 KiB) Viewed 12448 times
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

Quzar wrote:I had emailed the goat store to ask about releasing it but never got any reply =\
I am extremely glad to hear someone got a copy at all ! Imagine this stuff was lost...

Anyway, I tried to contact GOAT several times myself and never got a reply - I recently heard from Senile Team that they haven't heard from Dan either. I hope they have by now, gotta check that.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Quzar wrote:I have a preview CD of it that Metafox had made for the DreamCons in '05. I had emailed the goat store to ask about releasing it but never got any reply =\. It has demos of Bryx, Copper Swapper, DCSquares, Dziokozit, and Grizzlies.
What about contacting the coders directly?, maybe they'll give permission for a recompiled preview CD containing the demos, the full copies of games would have to be left out of the compilaton though.
Quzar wrote:(IIRC it's a two menu system where it asks if you want to play one of those or the Goat Games Demo)
I'm not 100% sure, but didn't MetaFox's DreamCon preview CD use an early version of the Sandmenu?.

By the way, Sam posted about the GOAT DCSquares version recently:

http://c99koder.livejournal.com/187620.html
Across the Universe
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

DCDayDreamer wrote:
Quzar wrote:I have a preview CD of it that Metafox had made for the DreamCons in '05. I had emailed the goat store to ask about releasing it but never got any reply =\. It has demos of Bryx, Copper Swapper, DCSquares, Dziokozit, and Grizzlies.
What about contacting the coders directly?, maybe they'll give permission for a recompiled preview CD containing the demos, the full copies of games would have to be left out of the compilaton though.
I had a lot of steam going to get it done by 9/9 and when that didn't happen I moved on.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

Hello, it's very nice to see that you're still waiting for Dynamite Dreams.
We're still working on it, and we'll be at the "Retro Gaming Connexion" near Paris in France, to present our last beta version and set up a tournament based on it. It's still a work in progress, and we really hope that it will be complete in 2009.

I'm still looking for a decent video player routine for the game's FMV sequences, like Christuserloeser said, and that can be used legally in an independant release. And the same for reading 8-bit png.
We have to update our website to write a 'still alive' status.
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
Christuserloeser

I'm really looking forward to the game. I wasn't really happy with the recent Bomberman 3D versions.
patbier wrote:I'm still looking for a decent video player routine for the game's FMV sequences, like Christuserloeser said, and that can be used legally in an independant release.
Beats of Rage uses animated .gif sequences for cutscenes. It's limited to 8-bit / 256 colors, but it works great. I think it might be possible to strip the engine from anything but the .gif routines and hopefully even increase the resolution to 640x480.

patbier wrote:And the same for reading 8-bit png.
TVspelsfreak had a powerful PNG sprite routine he wrote for Melchior (GyroVorbis uses it in Elysian Shadows), but I am not sure if that is what you asked for.

patbier wrote:We have to update our website to write a 'still alive' status.
That's a good idea. - It doesn't even mention Dynamite Dreams' trailer at Youtube nor the game being mentioned at G4TV's Attack of the Show :P
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

Thanks a lot for these really huge answers.
I'm just back from the Retro Gaming Connexion, near Paris, where I made a tournament based on Dynamite Dreams, with my graphist friend Poche.
It was an excellent show, and people enjoyed again and again our game, and our new features were enjoyed too. No bugs or problems. Very good for the motivation.
Goat Store gave us games to use as prizees for our tournament and sponsorized the show, and I met Max Scharl there, he presented Wind and Water and Red Spot Games. So we had news for our beloved Dreamcast.
I'm so tired at the moment (4 hours travel), I analyse your answer later, thanks again. I'll make a "still alive status" on our website, and put photos of the Retro Gaming Connection.

Our game "Dynamite Dreams" is complete at about 90-95% for the multi player modes, 90 - 95 % for menus, options... and 20% for the story mode which we are actually working on.
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Upcoming commercial Dreamcast games (2008/2009)

Post by MethodGit »

I have a few random questions of intrigue to ask about post-discontinuation releases in general, hope you don't mind....

1) Did releases fluctuate often between GD-ROM and CD-ROM?
2) What was the last GD-ROM title to date? I'm having trouble finding the info on Google.
3) Are CD titles built in a unique/more-professional way, or are they done similarly to how one would use mkisofs/BootDreams? :P I assume they're all Mil-CDs to begin with.

Sorry for the randomness!
Christuserloeser

Re: Upcoming commercial Dreamcast games (2009)

1. No. Unlicensed games were and still are released on CD-ROM.
2. Karous / Karasu, I think.
3. They're all MIL-CD compatible, though releases like Bleem!cast or DC-X did use some sort of copy protection.

- Updated this thread with a link to Little Ninja. :)
Dreamcast alive
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dreamcast alive »

Blocks2: Master of Blocks for the Sega Dreamcast gaming system is soon to be released! The ETA for the game is Q3 2009. It will be available for purchase from our publisher GOAT Store Publishing.
http://www.hellogravity.com/bs/
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

You can move Dux to rescently released list.
Christluu
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Christluu »

i can't wait Irides (new name of Blocks2) !

watch this 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5A5K9W86zo

http://www.hellogravity.com/bs/
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I never really cared for lumines, but I'll pick the game up regardless for my collection.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Should be upgraded now, or replaced with a 2010 thread?

Personally I think a thread from 2002 - onwards would be fun.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Alas, I don't think Age of the Beast will ever be released....

And was Little Ninja actually confirmed as being a DC TBA release?

I don't see why a Mod/Admin couldn't just change the thread title though.
ImageImageImageImage