Star wars - Episode 1 : Racer (Upgrading the pods)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Apexbear
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Star wars - Episode 1 : Racer (Upgrading the pods)

Post by Apexbear »

Hello all !

If I was to remodel and re-texture Anakin's pod, would anyone here be capable of swapping the old model with mine ?
I reckon there is a lot of room for improvement with this game and I am looking to significantly increase the poly count of the player controlled pod.

Any dev here competent enough with DC would like to give it a shot ?

If we are successful with this, we could take the project further and revisit character models, and rework the remaining pods. Eventually moving onto environments, why not.

Overall, I think there is a very solid base to work on, and I foresee we could achieve something truly impressive. The game still plays excellent to this day, the art direction is very competent, the dynamic lighting is strong, and the 60fps coupled with a truly awesome sense of speed make it a prime contender for improvement mostly in terms of polygon count and improved modeling.

Here are some screenshots from my recent playthrough with Redream to give you an idea of how much room for improvement in terms of polygonal modeling there is. Still looks great though, but it would be a shame to leave it at that.

Who's in ?

PS : Apologies, but I might have posted this in the wrong thread earlier. (Developmental idea).
Attachments
screenshot50.png
screenshot39.png
screenshot17.png
screenshot806.png
screenshot883.png
screenshot870.png
screenshot1006.png
screenshot973.png