Ah, the Dead Or Alive Memories!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ah, the Dead Or Alive Memories!

Post by Green Ranger »

Well now that Dead Or Alive 4 has been released, it reminds me of the wonderful times I've had with DOA2 Limitied Edition.

Let's hear about your experience with DOA 2 for the Dreamcast- your thoughts, reviews, complaints, and comparisons between this game and DOA 4.

Go Go Go! :)
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I had DOA 2 Hardcore for the PS2; I enjoyed playing it. I wasn't really good or anything (in fact, I sucked balls at the game), but it was pretty easy to pick up and play. The multi-tiered environs were way awesome, and the graphics were sick for the time. From what I've played of the DC version, it's pretty much identical in terms of sound and graphics.

I'm definately going to pick up DOA 4, although I have almost no interest in fighting games. There's just no games out for 360 (similar to the PS2 launch, which is why I got DOA 2 Hardcore). :(
Very sexy hero, omg
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

First doa game I played was the import one for sega saturn..still have and play occassionally..great game indeed
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Last night saw a movie called Run Ronnie Run. Had a kid who played DoA2 for DC and arcade like crazy in it =P.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Smiley wrote:First doa game I played was the import one for sega saturn..still have and play occassionally..great game indeed
I just bought the Saturn version, I have DOA2 (PAL) on DC too :D
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Nice to see some comments!

The first DOA game I ever played was DOA2 limited edition. The graphics were obviously the first thing to get my attention (as I'm sure it was for most of us when we first played), but I was also fascinated by the countering system. It's sheer fun watching your friend crinch when he thinks he's got you down, only to be defeated by a counter you've pulled at the last second, mwuahahaha!

But seriously the characters are fun to use, and the layered levels offers strategic ways for you to fight.

As for my thoughts on the sequels, it is always interesting to see how far Tecmo can take their franchise. New characters, costumes and environments always add to the replayability. I hope that one day they do in fact put as much effort into the storylines for each character, because I am sure the single player modes are discouraging for those who look forward to a rewarding ending after completing the game.

Good luck Tecmo, hope to see much more from you in the future. :)
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

How do the boobies look on DOA4?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I own the normal Ntsc/u release of DOA 2. I'll see if I can find a PAL one I don't really like the game I finsihed it a few times with Kasumi (hopefuly right spelling). I was disappointed that it didn't even have a proper ending however it was better then VF3tb's ending so no complaints.

I wasn't ever that great in the game either infact I was hardly Averge , couldn't get my hands quite set on that game...
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

when i think of doa i think of bouncing boobies physics....and thats about it... ooh the boobies..and the bouncing
crabcakes
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

The first one I played was for saturn and I aint gonna lie. The only reason I played it was for bouncy mode
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Yeah, I agree: boobies.

I swear, they probably assigned each boobie to one of the Saturn processors.

Also, that's one of the sexiest Saturn games ever. I always show it to my friends and after they marvel at the boobs, they always decide that Saturn pwnz N64 and PSone...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I bought it becuase my friends love 3d fighters like Soul Calibur but didn't like VF3 cause it was to dated so I got em DOA2 they didn't like it.
MaxSonic
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

DeadOrAlive2

Post by MaxSonic »

Dead or Alive 2 was one of the first games I got for my Dreamcast (along with Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Grandia 2). I thought it was a pretty good game, until I played Soul Caliber. While I prefer the graphics on DoA2, Soul Caliber beats it in so many ways (replay, story, character design). However, DoA2 dose'nt seem to suffer from cheap gameplay mechanics (coughSiegfriedNightmarecough). It takes a while to master the counters, so a noob could never stand a chance against an experienced player. What I disliked is there was nothing to unlock, but this was solved with the DoA: Limited Edition, which is basicly DoA Hardcore. I spend most of my time in DoA in the survival mode now, but I still have a long way to go before I'm any good at it.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

I'm bit curious of a certain seller on Yahoo Nippon selling saved data for PS2 DOA2 that apparently allow to use Katsumi in her birthday suite??? O_O

I've heard about that but thought you cannot control her???
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

I didn't like the bounce in DoA1. So unnatural lol
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: DeadOrAlive2

Post by Cid Highwind »

MaxSonic wrote:Dead or Alive 2 was one of the first games I got for my Dreamcast (along with Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Grandia 2). I thought it was a pretty good game, until I played Soul Caliber. While I prefer the graphics on DoA2, Soul Caliber beats it in so many ways (replay, story, character design). However, DoA2 dose'nt seem to suffer from cheap gameplay mechanics (coughSiegfriedNightmarecough). It takes a while to master the counters, so a noob could never stand a chance against an experienced player. What I disliked is there was nothing to unlock, but this was solved with the DoA: Limited Edition, which is basicly DoA Hardcore. I spend most of my time in DoA in the survival mode now, but I still have a long way to go before I'm any good at it.
Siegfried and Nightmare cheap?

Practice some more with a faster character and you will beat those slowpokes easily. Personally I prefer Guard Impacts over those extremely hard hitting counters, even though they look cool.

Anyway, I liked DOA2 for a while, the level design is awesome and IMO the best thing about the series. Personally I didn't like the gameplay because it had me button bashing and countering, rather than making good combos as I did in Soul Calibur.

I'm really looking forward to a next gen SC.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog