Recommended PCI modems for "dialing" DC into PC?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recommended PCI modems for "dialing" DC into PC?

Post by Raijin Z »

My Motorola SM56 Voice Modem ignores everything that comes in; the Dreamcast cries that nothing is picking up. Followed the XP guide to the letter, took no shortcuts. DC modem connected to PCI modem LINE, 4 wire cable. The only other spare modems I have lying around are ISA, and I'm not going to set a P1 system up and rape the electic bill just for my DC.

So, does anyone have a modem that has worked with dialing the DC into your PC without a phoneline simulator or phone system?
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

AFAIK, any modem works. If it is not working for you, the problem is not the modem. Try testing with the planetweb browser, AFAIK it does not require phone voltage.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

I did. I knew in advance that only voice modems work, and not all of them do. Dead line connections are tricky even when using two dedicated computers to do it.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Do you have winroute or similar NAT software running?
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Yes, but those have nothing to do with the system not answering the call. You have to manually initiate the pickup.