kinda funny..

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kinda funny..

Post by X525 »

how i bought Shenmue 2 two yrs ago and i played it non-stop. now.. its sitting there collecting dust and i'm still on disc 3. lol.. i havent played in almost a yr, should i start over? i cant even remember whats going on in the game.. lol..

so, did you guys ever buy a game and played it non-stop for weeks but for some reason stopped playing. i didnt get bored with it, i loved it! but for some reason, i just dropped it..
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Nah, I usually buy a game and wait until I have pretty much finished it before it collects dust....or I get bored with it....

I was playing Super Mario Sunshine, but that game is starting to aggrevate me.....
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

I don't know dude. I would normally say no, but this is Shenmue. The game is damn gigantic and it's heavily story-driven. I just recently beat it after getting it for Christmas. I remember not playing it for a few days or even a week and turning it on and saying "Umm... WTF? Where the hell was I? What was I doing? Who the hell are you?"

I personally recommend starting over, because unless you're uber 1337 and can retain knowledge like some sort of succubus sponge, I'm sure you've forgotten some vital information
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Start over.

And yes, I've stopped partially way through on a few games--Final Fantasy X-2, for one. Not exactly partially, 'cause I was at the end, but I fucked up my game completely then dropped it for a bit.
Very sexy hero, omg
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I have stopped playing games. One time my Burnout 2 save got erased and I couldn't be bothered to finish the game after that (I was almost done, just a few more races and cars to unlock). I'd also say to start over.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Finish it, THEN start over and explore every single thing :mrgreen:
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I quit games halfway though *ALL*THE*TIME*, I just don't have the attention level to complete most of the story-driven games they make these days. Or maybe it's just that the stories are relatively lame and if I want to follow a story I'll just read a good book. Shenmue 1 and 2 are just about the only RPG-like games I've ever actually finished. Just wait until you get to disc 4 of Shenmue 2, that is honestly one of the most beautiful sequences I've ever played in a video game. Which is why I'm so upset that Shenmue 3 will never come out, because it probably would have all been like that.

I would advise starting over from the beginning, though. Shenmue 2 has a good story and it's worth playing it right.

...word is bondage...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I quit games halfway though *ALL*THE*TIME*, I just don't have the attention level to complete most of the story-driven games they make these days.
Oh boy, I'm like this too, or maybe even worse. Part of the problem is that I have many games, so every time I'm slightly bored with a game I switch to another.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I had it with a lot of games.

Baldurs Gate (pc version): Lost interest as well, since I got Shenmue

Shenmue: haven't played it from the 23d of April until yesterday, and I'm going to finish it so I have a completed file to start with Shenmue 2 when I have more time than I have now.

MSR: Last summer I played it like crazy in the summer holiday. I played it with the controller cause i didn't have my wheel with me. When I came home from holiday I wanted to play with the wheel, but I wasn't able to get nearly as much kudos, and I lost interest as well. I don't even know why anymore. So I'm still halfway.

Tokyo Extreme Racer 2: Also halfway the game but I lost interest.

Sega GT: Still need to complete most of the licences and only 1 tournament I think.

Rayman 2: Played for about 8 levels or something, I enjoyed it, but then came Shenmue :D

Two weeks ago I was playing Kingpin: Life of Crime (5 buck discount pc game :P ) a lot but it's only nice to shoot, kill, murder and blast ppl, nothing more :roll:

Those are the 'unfinished' games that come to mind now. But as I said, I'm picking up Shenmue again.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

It is all about the strategy guides. Either official or gamefaqs. I have had Phantom Brave about 60% completed sitting on the shelf since November. I'll get to it...I still have to start on La Pucelle Tactics. My Shenmue 2, Headhunter, and SA2 saves are way old. Thankfully, I just barely got off the boat and had my wallet stolen, found a place to live in some crappy motel, and I last remember looking for something.

O yeah, check your diary for notes. That Ryo, he is always writing stuff down.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Aretak
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Aretak »

I have loads of games half-finished sitting on my shelf... Metroid Prime, Final Fantasy X-2, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, Metal Gear Solid 3, Disgaea, Onimusha 2 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to name but a few. I just find myself getting bored with most games after a while... only a special few, such as Shenmue and Shenmue II, hold my interest all the way to the end.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Fragger wrote:
I quit games halfway though *ALL*THE*TIME*, I just don't have the attention level to complete most of the story-driven games they make these days.
Oh boy, I'm like this too, or maybe even worse. Part of the problem is that I have many games, so every time I'm slightly bored with a game I switch to another.
heh, i do this is well - Almost every game I own is somewhere mid-completion, including all three Onimushas :D
U.2.K.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: kinda funny..

Post by U.2.K. »

X525 wrote:how i bought Shenmue 2 two yrs ago and i played it non-stop. now.. its sitting there collecting dust and i'm still on disc 3. lol.. i havent played in almost a yr, should i start over? i cant even remember whats going on in the game.. lol..

so, did you guys ever buy a game and played it non-stop for weeks but for some reason stopped playing. i didnt get bored with it, i loved it! but for some reason, i just dropped it..
This only happens to me when i get a new game and this game is off the hook, like when i got matrix for the xbox, i stopped playing sega gt and when i went backt to sega gt, the game is hard like always(damn sega racers) , so i got rid of the sh**.

Just like star wars jedi battles for dreamcast, the game is too damn long, i'm beating level after level and i am only 10% finsh WTF????

I am trading in star wars sometime tomorrow and finally get me grandia II or skies for dreamcast.
" Dreamcast Making a Come back in the Future,
its like 9/9/99 all over again, only difference, its forever "
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Same thing happened when I got Metroid Prime 2 echoes for the 'cube a couple months back. At first, I played it nonstop,but after awhile, it became tedious, and reminded me too much of the first game. Now, since it has been so long since I played it, I am lost when I try to play again....