I'm being bombarded with these Japnese shooters!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
InKane
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm being bombarded with these Japnese shooters!

Post by InKane »

I hear a lot about Ikaruga. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of those vertical shooters.. Galaga was enough for me. Does anyone else share my opinion? The only shooter I really loved was Raptor for the PC.. good game. Also... could someone make a list of what the games like "Puyo Puyo" and "Psyvrar" (sp?) are like? I'm interested in some of the Japanese titles out, but I dunno what any of them are like. Thanks.
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Psyvariar is another vertical shooter, you get more points for flying close to bullets (but obviously not hitting them). Haven't played the sequel but i tyink there is some sort of mech transformation

Puyo Puyo Fever is a puzzle game, a version of it was released in West on the Mega Drive as Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine so if you know that you'll know what to expect
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: I'm being bombarded with these Japnese shooters!

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

InKane wrote:Does anyone else share my opinion?
I don't! More variety in genres is welcome... but atleast there are games still coming out for the DC. They are all at "next-gen" graphics level and with rock solid gameplay!
Being shooters and all, but IKARUGA, Border Down, Psyvariar 2, Shikigami no Shiro, Zero Gunner are far better than a lot of games from other more commercial genres.

here is what is supposed to come out next
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: I'm being bombarded with these Japnese shooters!

Post by X525 »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:
InKane wrote:Does anyone else share my opinion?
I don't! More variety in genres is welcome... but atleast there are games still coming out for the DC. They are all at "next-gen" graphics level and with rock solid gameplay!
Being shooters and all, but IKARUGA, Border Down, Psyvariar 2, Shikigami no Shiro, Zero Gunner are far better than a lot of games from other more commercial genres.

here is what is supposed to come out next

please tell me you're not kiddin :D
junker2020
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by junker2020 »

What new game is this above when is it going to be released??????????? I am asuming it is 2 players and a shooter. Please explain.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

look for the thread "New DC game: Chaos Field" for more info.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man