crazy shenmue movie

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

crazy shenmue movie

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

...a funny hack where Tom gets replaced with others...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugEA9kay ... ch=shenmue
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:lol: Nice!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Thats funny.
who did it? I dont believe that could be done by hacking the game image... this sould be an inside job!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

You can do a lot with the xbox version of shenmue2 by changing things around with models/textures. I'm guessing this is somewhat similar but done with shenmue1, although it would've involved a warezed copy of shenmue.

Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Fatboy11 »

And heres another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feowudkRnlI&NR. i liked the ending lol

and nizomi replaced with Lan Di lmao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbrnBiIIX4
Skynet wrote: although it would've involved a warezed copy of shenmue.
Not if you back it up yourself it won't. if you were looking at it like that then modding the xbox version would require a warez version :lol:
i'm still a Randite :worship:
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

What makes me wander is that it might be easy to swap textures depending on the compiler/renderer of the game engine (if its precompiled BSP geometry or models), but for animated character models? well, either this guys are extremely good or all the models in Shenmue use the same skeleton: same number of joints, same size, same number of attached vertices to each bone.... well, I'm sure i don't know much, but its interesting to see how the did it....

i noticed something interesting, the clothing of the models is not animated, it uses physics (acts real independently of the character animation)... NICE!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

What makes me wander is that it might be easy to swap textures depending on the compiler/renderer of the game engine (if its precompiled BSP geometry or models), but for animated character models? well, either this guys are extremely good or all the models in Shenmue use the same skeleton: same number of joints, same size, same number of attached vertices to each bone.... well, I'm sure i don't know much, but its interesting to see how the did it....
Couldn't you just replace the textures/models? I'm not sure if I'm 100% in following you in what you say. But let's say toms model/texture was tom.mdl and tom.tex (mdl and tex being just an example, I have no idea what the extenion or files are :P). You find, for example, landi.mdl and landi.tex, rename them to tom and bam. Swapped. Maybe it's not that simple, but I remember reading long ago how they did it for shenmue 2 at shenmue dojo and it didn't seem all that complicated at all.

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Fatboy11 wrote:And heres another one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feowudkRnlI&NR. i liked the ending lol

and nizomi replaced with Lan Di lmao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pbrnBiIIX4
Skynet wrote: although it would've involved a warezed copy of shenmue.
Not if you back it up yourself it won't. if you were looking at it like that then modding the xbox version would require a warez version :lol:
Regardless they are both still technically illegal. DC version for transferring to different media. XBox for the same (if stored on HDD), but let's not get into legality with this ;) They're cool videos.

Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Yeah, but there is the interesting part, you can swap models, but the animations must be separated (not embedded in the model) because you're going to use Landi s model with Tom's animation... i guess the only way this could be done is if the game engine uses 1 skeleton for all the models in game with the exact same number of joints and proportions... also notice how the mouths doesnt animate? i guess they use a different tecnique for face animations, maybe a speech recognition engine... who knows

a skeleton for animation:

look at the right side, there is a list of all the joints and their names.... in shenmue everyone has to use a skeleton with same names for joints in order for the swap to work

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Ah, I understand you a bit better now. :P

rhubarb505
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by rhubarb505 »

I believe those were made by LanDC of http://www.shenmuedojo.net

If I remember correctly he just had to swap the models, not complicated.
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot
read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

WTF!? That is strange how they do this. I love the Ryo + Master Chen handshake towards the end of the video :D :lol: .
--==--