Sakura Wars For Dreamcast doesnt work! Help!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
KendoTeen
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sakura Wars For Dreamcast doesnt work! Help!

Post by KendoTeen »

My Sakura Wars doeswnt work on my dreamcast and when i put it on my computer there are no file except Copyright and text files! I use Uptopia But it doesnt work! PLz Help me in anyway possible!
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

which sakura wars is it?

i know some copies of sakura wars one didnt work on us dreamcasts (im assuming thats what you have), and i dont think the utopia loader ever booted any of the sakura games properly.

you can try to chip your system or trying to get another copy of it from whereever you got it from.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

You could also try using a GameShark or DC-X to boot your game. Those 2 discs should boot every game.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I just happen to have a used gameshark for the DC id sell for 10 bucks. Its not the lite version and it does work. IT has the gameshark and the CD. I have the box but it would cost double to ship it if you wanted the box.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I will let you know if the Game Shark works for Sakura Taisen. I am getting the entire series (that collectors box set which has 1-4) on monday so I can try to find out whether or not a certain one does give problems.

From personal experience, I usually use one of the homebrew game loaders, but one game that would not load was the import game July. However, when I popped in the Gameshark, it was right as rain.

I'll post as soon asap with my results.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Well, I am back; and I tested the first disc of each game, and they all loaded up fine (as I have never played any of the games of the series and simply made my purchase based upon reviews...simply the intros are enough to have garnered a release around the world). So if you get the Game Shark (I purchased the full version so I can not commend on the Lite version), it should work fine unless there is an issue as stated before with an initial release or if perhaps the disc has been compromised.

I hope this helps.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....