DreamCon 2018 at the RetroGameCon in Syracuse, NY on November 3 & 4

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

DreamCon 2018 at the RetroGameCon in Syracuse, NY on November 3 & 4

Post by MetaFox »

I advertised the 2015 DreamCon at Con on the Cob in Richfield Ohio too late. This led to no one, at least no one of whom I was aware, from the Dreamcast scene showing up.

I want to hopefully remedy that this year, so I'm advertising it early. I just put in a reservation for a table at the RetroGameCon in Syracuse, NY, that runs from November 3rd to November 4th, 2018.

The reason I chose that convention is two-fold: it's close enough that I can drive back home at the end of each day, and they have discounted rates for game developers and artists.

I got one table - but it's an 8-foot table so it could comfortably fit another exhibitor if anyone wants to come to DreamCon and exhibit this year. I'm also open to serving as a surrogate representative for someone who wants to display but couldn't make it - as I did, for example, with The GOAT Store in 2005.

As usual, I'll be representing Cyberdog Castle, DCEvolution, and Dreamcast-Scene. Plus, I'll likely have something displayed for Indie Dreams, the wiki I started back in 2006, and the Dream On website, which I just managed to get back from cybersquatters this year.

I'll likely have a few Dreamcasts with rotating material. I'll also be distributing DC Evolution discs, since those always proved popular at past DreamCons.