Original Hardware - AC/RCA Cables

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Original Hardware - AC/RCA Cables

Post by I.M. Weasel »

I'm trying to identify what the original hardware/cords that came with my DC. Does anyone have any pictures or can take/find any of the original cords? Searching for 'original' cords only brings up fake results and not the real cords that came with it.

Heres the box style it came in.

Might need to find up-close pictures of the plugs and their specific look.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Original Hardware - AC/RCA Cables

Post by BlueCrab »

Here's what the A/V cables looked like:

The actual RCA cable ends were round with hexagonal grips near the strain relief, if that helps (pretty sure that should be visible from that picture). I have plenty of them around, if you really need more pictures to help identify them.

As for the AC cable, it was kinda a glossy black color... I'm sure I could find that laying around here too, if I dug through my stuff...
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: Original Hardware - AC/RCA Cables

Post by I.M. Weasel »

thanks for the quick response, BC.

Yup, that verifies the RCA cables, the top of the actual plug has a thumb-sized indent and has no text labeling on it. That confirms what I thought. :)
BC wrote:As for the AC cable, it was kinda a glossy black color... I'm sure I could find that laying around here too, if I dug through my stuff...
Yeah thats the problem, the AC cord is a standard plug with 1 squared side and 1 rounded side on the plug that plugs in at the DC. The same cable was used by the PS,PS2, and quite a few VCRs,input selecters and all types of devices. I have a few but i'm not sure which one is the actual one.

They're completely interchangeable, but I figured ive kept my original box this whole time, I should have the original cabling too. I wonder if I still have that insane 25ft modem cable that came with it....
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."