6th gen games on dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
chao2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

6th gen games on dreamcast

Post by chao2 »

What game from the 6th gen would you have liked to see on the dreamcast? I would have loved to see Resident evil 4 and jet set radio future.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: 6th gen games on dreamcast

Post by cube_b3 »

Most games on Dreamcast are 6th Gen because it is a 6th Gen console.
chao2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by chao2 »

I know the dreamcast started the 6th gen but it was cancelled very early so it missed out on a lot of games.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheRedFox »

Yeah, well there's a few later Sega games that would have been cool on the DC. not to mention some of the NAOMI games that never got ported (just looking at a list of NAOMI games is enough to make a dreamcast fan mad about what could have been if the dreamcast had lived a bit longer). Offhand, I'd say Guilty Gear X2, which I'm pretty sure would have got a port, seeing as the first one made it to DC. Obviously Planet Harriers, which never got any console ports (might have been different arcade hardware though). I've heard good things about Panzer Dragoon Orta, which I don't think was NAOMI, but I tend to like that genre, so that's definately a good thing. I'm sure there's tons of others, too.

I would have liked to see Grandia Xtreme and III, even though II is generally seen as superior (can't get enough of that battle system!).
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

TheRedFox hit it on the money. All of those sweet Naomi games and the games from Sammy's Atomiswave would have been terrific. Plus Sega's awesome releases they dropped on the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. Could you imagine Panzer Dragoon freaking Orta?...that baby was meant to be on a Dreamcast!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
bogglez

Post by bogglez »

One of the reasons why I liked the DC to begin with was that its games weren't trying so hard to be dark and edgy. I adore games like Jet Set Radio which in my opinion carry the spirit of previous video game generations.
I'd have loved to see Smash Bros, the Zelda titles of that time and Wave Race on the DC (wonder what the water would have looked like teheh). Metal Gear would also have been nice (it's a serious game but it has a certain humor to it).
I also feel like DC games were often somewhat experimental, so things like Portal would fit right in (sorry, not 6th gen).
As a big fan of Star Fox 64 I was really urging for a good sequel (which I never got, 64 is still the best Star Fox). If that had been on the DC that would have been amazing :)
Wiki & tutorials: http://dcemulation.org/?title=Development
Wiki feedback: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=103940
My libgl playground (not for production): https://bitbucket.org/bogglez/libgl15
My lxdream fork (with small fixes): https://bitbucket.org/bogglez/lxdream