Happy Halloween!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Happy Halloween!

Post by DaMadFiddler »

To celebrate, here is The Raven as interpreted by Christopher Walken:

mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by mrandyk »

After becoming too old to get free candy on Haloween the only part I enjoy are all the slutty costumes.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I posted pics of the pumpkins I carved this year on TwitPic.

Other than that, I took the twins to a haunted house at the local fire hall, then came back to the house and watched three of the six classic horror films we released over at DCEvo. Together, we watched Horror Hotel, then I watched House on Haunted Hill while the kids fell asleep and I finally watched Little Shop of Horrors before I fell asleep. They were all pretty good, but House on Haunted Hill was awesome.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Some of my girlfriend's friends hosted a Halloween party, so we spent the evening there eating, drinking, and playing Soul Calibur.

Pumpkins:

Image Image

and costumes:

Image Image
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I stayed at home drinking beer all night with a friend watching TV and playing video games. Played a bit of Castlevania 3 on my dreamcast, then got stuck lol. I planned to watch the original Dracula last night, it's been sitting in my netflix que, but never got around to it. Actually had a lot of kids come by this year, and one group of slutty teenagers.

My nephew who is 4 dressed up as a ghost buster as he is completely into that right now. His dad got him this really nice costume, actual jump suit and an inflatable proton pack and gun, probably set him back 50 bucks or more, but it was badass. His dad decided to buy one too.

The last year I went out dressed up getting candy was sophomore year of high school (2001 or 2002?), I was a FOnewman from PSO lol.
I wish I had pictures from it, but I don't remember taking any.

GyroVorbis posted pictures of his sonic and knuckles pumpkin on facebook. post em here mook!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

My sisters, my friend his gf and like 5 or 6 of her friends, one of my friends and I all went trick or treating around my neighborhood. Then everybody but my one friend and I watched some invader zim then my gf came over and we went to a diff neighborhood where we found this cute little kitty it had a collar on so it was somebodys. The little cat followed us and was trying to get milk from my gfs neck, lol. Then I came back to my house and my other friend and his gf came over and we all smoked hookah and watched some office. I think I ended up playing mario kart with my gf I unno, but was a good halloween only one house told us we were too old haha.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I dressed as a 46 year old man. And this happened.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Had a bunch of stupid teenagers come by. Told them to fuck off.

If you're over 12 and still out asking for candy, you need a head check. Leave the trick or treating for the young ones.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Code-Red wrote:Had a bunch of stupid teenagers come by. Told them to fuck off.

If you're over 12 and still out asking for candy, you need a head check. Leave the trick or treating for the young ones.
Thank you. In this college town, there were a lot of idiot 19 year olds roaming around. When they got to our house, they kept asking for beer. They were neither attractive nor naked, so they received none. Four years ago, if my friends had asked me to go trick or treaking, I would have told them to screw off.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

pixel wrote:
Code-Red wrote:Had a bunch of stupid teenagers come by. Told them to fuck off.

Thank you. In this college town, there were a lot of idiot 19 year olds roaming around. When they got to our house, they kept asking for beer. They were neither attractive nor naked, so they received none. Four years ago, if my friends had asked me to go trick or treaking, I would have told them to screw off.
Yeah, we get a lot of teenage and college trick-or-treaters as well. Thankfully we were at a party all evening this year, so we didn't have to deal with them.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

I love trick or treating still I dunno it is fun to do and everybody but one person in the neighborhood seemed to be a good sport about it. Personal preference I spose.
DYTDMFBSB?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Zealous zerotype wrote:I love trick or treating still I dunno it is fun to do and everybody but one person in the neighborhood seemed to be a good sport about it. Personal preference I spose.
It's not really a talked about thing I guess, most parents/adults are either too congenial to say it, or too scared you might TP/vandalize the house. Most people just assume to stop when you've matured a little. A good analogy:

Being the lone white man in a room full of rabid Black Panthers during a rally. They might not tell you to get out, but they sure as fuck are thinking it.

I personally tell people who do it to grow the fuck up, and go to a party or something.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

whats even worse is when college kids show up not even dressed up as anything.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Code-Red wrote:
Zealous zerotype wrote:I love trick or treating still I dunno it is fun to do and everybody but one person in the neighborhood seemed to be a good sport about it. Personal preference I spose.
It's not really a talked about thing I guess, most parents/adults are either too congenial to say it, or too scared you might TP/vandalize the house. Most people just assume to stop when you've matured a little. A good analogy:

Being the lone white man in a room full of rabid Black Panthers during a rally. They might not tell you to get out, but they sure as fuck are thinking it.

I personally tell people who do it to grow the fuck up, and go to a party or something.
You are right I should go underage drinking. I really don't see a problem with it, again personal preference. Also, only thing that I dislike is people who don't dress up the entire group I went with was dressed up (some even over the top).
DYTDMFBSB?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Nico0020 wrote:whats even worse is when college kids show up not even dressed up as anything.
Yea, I was gonna say something like 'if they've got a good enough costume, I wouldn't mind handing out candy'. Sort of like... a street performer as opposed to a bum.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Zealous zerotype wrote:Also, only thing that I dislike is people who don't dress up the entire group I went with was dressed up (some even over the top).
Did you have a group theme? I knew a guy in college who wanted to get a bunch of people to dress as zombies for Halloween, and do the Thriller dance down the street.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

It was about 11 of us and half or so were zombies or demons (one friend had these crazy double wings and this really cool outfit with it) then other half or so were dressed up like hooker witches basically and my gf was wearing a Cinderella outfit (she had just gotten off work and she worked at spencers so she had to dress up regardless).
DYTDMFBSB?
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Zealous zerotype wrote:It was about 11 of us and half or so were zombies or demons (one friend had these crazy double wings and this really cool outfit with it) then other half or so were dressed up like hooker witches basically and my gf was wearing a Cinderella outfit (she had just gotten off work and she worked at spencers so she had to dress up regardless).
That's acceptable. I give candy (booze or sex) for that.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

We spent the evening at a party, dressed as Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer (costume pictures above). Another couple there was dressed as Ash and Pikachu, and other costumes included Michael Moore, the Blues Brothers, Lando Calrissian, a cave woman, and that girl who was in the news this summer claiming to wake up with 56 stars tattooed on her face.