Toshiba Camileo S10 - Sub $200 1080p pocket camcorder

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Toshiba Camileo S10 - Sub $200 1080p pocket camcorder

Post by ace »

Has anybody caught wind of this pocket camcorder yet? It was announced some time ago, but I've been too lazy to post about it.

A mere 11 mm thin, the Toshiba Camileo S10 is capable of recording 1080p video (1440x1080p, not 1920x1080p, but still technically HD), and taking 5 MP stills, currently retailing for under $200 (USD) in Asia and the UK. A North American release has not yet been announced, but it seems inevitable, considering Toshiba is going after the Youtube generation with this device.

The camera also sports a macro mode, 4x digital zoom ( :nono:), 2.5 inch LCD screen, image stabilizer (only at 720p and below), and 128 MB internal memory - about enough for 30 seconds to two minutes of HD footage (double :nono:), and an LED flash. The Camileo S10 does however accept SD and SDHC cards, allowing users to increase their storage as they see fit (currently to 32 GB). It's also got a mini HDMI connector built in for HD playback.

Judging by some of the reviews, the picture in low-light situations is less than stellar, but then most of these pocket camcorders/webcorders fall short in this area. It's perfect for someone who wants a pocketable, stylish HD camercorder at bargain prices; it certainly seems like it will be a good contender for the Flip Mino HD and Kodak Zi6 (which I also own.)
Attachments
camileo_s102.jpg
camileo_s102.jpg (88.61 KiB) Viewed 395 times
camileo_s10.jpg
camileo_s10.jpg (60.07 KiB) Viewed 395 times
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Re: Toshiba Camileo S10 - Sub $200 1080p pocket camcorder

Post by ace »

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HxuAvJOLxE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HxuAvJOLxE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

She says it has 4x optical zoom, but all other sources point to digital zoom.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Do these tiny cameras have rolling or global shutters? I'm assuming rolling, but I don't actually know.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I remember ashens reviewing an older model of the Camileo not too long ago. In the recording he made, the video quality was alright, but the sound quality was awful.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Yes, I believe it was the Camileo H10. That cam was a Chinese rebrand under both Polaroid and Toshiba. I think we'll see better quality with this line of Camileo cams.