E3

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by az_bont »

ASCIIN wrote:snes controller with anologe sticks? how original :roll:
It will be the controller for the Nintendo Virtual Console, which will allow you to download old NES, SNES and N64 games to play (and now Mega Drive and PC Engine). It makes sense to copy one of those existing controller designs, as a radically different controller would only complicate things.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

It's original if you originally came up with the ideas.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, how stupid is that? They'd use an SNES controller for SNES games. Damn that Nintendo for making classic games playable in as original of a format as possible. What's next, them telling us that the original Super Mario World won't feature 50,000 polys and HDR lighting?
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

pixel wrote:
pwnd
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Covar wrote:
pixel wrote:
pwnd
It's even more funny when you consider what Sony pulled out of their asses:
6 year old controller design + half-assed tilt feature to try and rival Nintendo = how original :roll:
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

ASCIIN wrote:
arrowhead wrote:
Cyphix wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
butters wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
lol its common knowledge that the ps2 had the best library of game between the 3 dont be such a fanboy :roll:

from what i heard they actually started to make a profit on ps2 sales last year
<sarcasm>Yes because I don't have a huge pile of ps2 games on my floor along with my Gamecube games....</sarcasm>

Sure there are some good games for the ps2, just like any other console, but just walk into Gamestop and look around and you'll see so much utter crap sitting on the shelves for $10.
yeah most are gamecube games :roll:
Wrong.
Seriously. Walk the racks and you will see endless ps2 games from 1.99-9.99. Try that on the gamecube rack and you might get some multi platform sports titles, but otherwise, not really.
maybe because the fact the games are old not the fact of suckage.

seriously you nintedo fanboys are tards
Only one year older... And theres still five times as many shitty ps2 games on the shelves compared to the Gamecube. If you deny that one, then your an idiot....

And i agree with Melancholy, there is nothing original about the PS3 (except its rediculous pricetag.)
Last edited by Cyphix on Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Humpin' Hasney wrote:EXCLUSIVE to 360. I wonder how much that set MS back. Seriously, if they don't beat PS3 with this announcement with the "casual" people, nothing will surely.
Fark, hopefully it won't take forever to come to pc.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I agree with pixel about Sony... people have joked that whenever Nintendo comes out with a new controller, Sony copies it, but this is pathetic. I don't know how Ken Kutaragi could stand there on stage and not look ashamed.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

ace wrote:
Humpin' Hasney wrote:EXCLUSIVE to 360. I wonder how much that set MS back. Seriously, if they don't beat PS3 with this announcement with the "casual" people, nothing will surely.
Fark, hopefully it won't take forever to come to pc.
It was false; it's coming out for both 360 and PS3 in October 07, so it's not exclusive. But, no PC date is planned.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

gta 4 for pc is spring 2008 or summor 2008 most likley if they follow the way they have been releasing it unless they finnaly release same time for once :)
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Hopefully the new fable will run on my hardware too :P
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

ASCIIN wrote: maybe because the fact the games are old not the fact of suckage.

You are really one to talk, with your Sony fanboyism showing here. Dude, take a chill pill; not everyone sees things like you do.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Sony hasn't had a original idea in years..and they continue to copy just about every innovation that Ninty comes up with :roll:

I'm happy to hear that Twilight Princess will indeed be coming out for the gamecube...and the wii.

The outrageous price of the ps3 pretty much canned my plans to buy one.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I havn't been able to watch the press conferences but I thought Nintendo had a huge secret still that they were going to reveal at E3. I don't think I have heard anyone talk about it. We all knew that some version of that retro controller would be around so that can't be it. Is anyone still expecting news about this?
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

the controller also was revealed to have a small speaker
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

Cyphix wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
arrowhead wrote:
Cyphix wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
butters wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:
lol its common knowledge that the ps2 had the best library of game between the 3 dont be such a fanboy :roll:

from what i heard they actually started to make a profit on ps2 sales last year
<sarcasm>Yes because I don't have a huge pile of ps2 games on my floor along with my Gamecube games....</sarcasm>

Sure there are some good games for the ps2, just like any other console, but just walk into Gamestop and look around and you'll see so much utter crap sitting on the shelves for $10.
yeah most are gamecube games :roll:
Wrong.
Seriously. Walk the racks and you will see endless ps2 games from 1.99-9.99. Try that on the gamecube rack and you might get some multi platform sports titles, but otherwise, not really.
maybe because the fact the games are old not the fact of suckage.

Only one year older... And theres still five times as many crappy ps2 games on the shelves compared to the Gamecube. If you deny that one, then your an idiot....

And i agree with Melancholy, there is nothing original about the PS3 (except its rediculous pricetag.)
but yet they get more shelf space than gamecube games but please name 20 of these crappy games on the shelves that go for 1.99 to 9.99

what a bunch of hypocrites you complain about sony using the same ps1 controller over again but yet nintendo just takes a snes and puts anolog sticks on and say its "cool" which could easy said are placed in identical place as they are on the ps controller OMG THEY STOLE THERE IDEA!!! :roll:

sometimes i forget how many nintendo fanboys are here
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

this is from joystiq.com

Here are the most notable changes from the article:

* A speaker is now built-in to the controller to use in tandem with the rumble feature during gameplay
* Button change: "select" now has the image of an arrow on it that's curved counterclockwise, similar to those seen in the refresh icon on a web browser.
* Button change: "home" now has the image of a house on it, similar to one you'd see in a Web browser.
* Button change: "start" now has two horizontal bars on it that look like the "pause" icon on a music or movie player.
* Button change: "a" and "b" are now "1" and "2."
* The "nunchaku" has a more streamlined shape and features a tweaked button design.
* The controller now has some added weight.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I've only just watched the E3 videos. That Wii Monster Truck game looks alright. But THPS and Final Fantasy too. Red Steel also looks pretty cool. Nice to see them getting decent third party support
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I don't understand the speaker. How will that inhance gameplay? I mean, sure, you could make it have a gunshot sound in a FPS, or maybe a tennis racket sound in the tennis game, but...well, it just seems kinda useless.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

Wow, ASCIIN, you love to bash Nintendo. Why don't you tell US what makes the PS3 so innovative and unique?