Black Friday / Day After Thanksgiving

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Black Friday / Day After Thanksgiving

Post by pixel »

Who else is getting geared up to get your geek on and get some cheap tech crap? Most of the major ads have been leaked on: http://www.bfads.net
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

my mother always has me go with her at like 5am all over the place. but yes. me.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

I can't go. I have to go to work at 3am to set the ad for these sales, then work until noon because at noon, the whole ad comes right back down again. Such a pain in the ass. :(
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

Curse you yankees & your riduculously cheap sales that we cant use, which of course would make em even cheaper
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

GWAR concert on Black Friday. I wish the tickets were a good deal but no.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

have to work all day and by the time i get out all the good stuff will be gone. I thought that maybe we could put stuff to the side that we would want, since i work there i would have first picks, but no deal.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Last year when I worked a seasonal job at Toy R' us, they used to call it green friday instead of black friday; those bastards....

Unless I'm working, I'll prolly be out cause I enjoy getting my shopping done early....
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

I'll be sitting at an ice cream store, bored to tears.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I've got $500 saved up. I'm in the market for a kickass TV! Will I get one? You'll have to tune in to find out!

Edit: I'll be buying that Motorola Razor for $40! Anyone know if the $60 mail-in-rebate is in actual rebate and not a service contract rebate type deal? It doesn't mention anything about it.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Not me. I was turned away from this when Circuit City had that $5 game sell. I never seen so many greedy nerds acting like stupid asses in my life. People running to the games, trying to take items out of your cart etc. Never Again.

LAst year at Best Buy the local Fire Marshall actually came in and wrote them up for having too many people in the building. They actually made people leave. PEople get so stupid over saving a few dollars. Not worth the hassle.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
AntiPro
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AntiPro »

its a great day for terrorism though.

sexy. sexy terrorism
Plastics.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Veggita2099 wrote:Not me. I was turned away from this when Circuit City had that $5 game sell. I never seen so many greedy nerds acting like stupid asses in my life. People running to the games, trying to take items out of your cart etc. Never Again.

LAst year at Best Buy the local Fire Marshall actually came in and wrote them up for having too many people in the building. They actually made people leave. PEople get so stupid over saving a few dollars. Not worth the hassle.
Man if someone took some game out of my cart, i'd be kickin some nerd ass.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

I'll be at work at 4am for this BS. I hate Black Friday, and I really hate when companies call it "Green Friday."
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Are there any good sales? its not like it used to be all stores have the same deal. 19 dollar games dropped to 15 bucks, the 3 for 15 dvd bin, 19 dollar dvd player,and the 179 buck ipods
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Veggita2099 wrote:Not me. I was turned away from this when Circuit City had that $5 game sell. I never seen so many greedy nerds acting like stupid asses in my life. People running to the games, trying to take items out of your cart etc. Never Again.

That's why we go :lol:
We'll get there early like the most hardcore, find all the stuff we want, but then we hide it in the back and leave. Come back a half hour before the sale is done and half the people are gone and a lot less of a hassle. Apparently plenty of other people do it too. We always find other people's stuff.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Just got my work scheduele. Turns out I'm working from 2am until 1pm on BF (or as Best Buy calls it, Green Friday). Yeah, that's right from f**kin' 2 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon. That is all kinds of bulls**t.
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

i really hope to grab a pc and a laptop from best buy...ohhh man..i might be dropping a lot of money..hope i can resell some of it :twisted:
crabcakes
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

now if i just had any money at all
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I just got back from this year's fiasco. My dad and I got up at 4 am. We started off at Sam's Club at 5 because they had that Garth Brooks box set that my brother wanted. There were maybe 20-30 people waiting there and was a good start to the day. They had a free continental breakfast which was great considering a lot of things. We drove to Yonker's (a clothing store) to pick up a necklace for my mom. There were way too many crazed women there grabbing. One of them nudged my dad over and he fell into a display of socks and almost fell to the ground. After that, it was about 10 to 6, so we drove to Staples to get some 200GB HDDs and other crap. The line there was around to the back end of the store, but once we all got in there, it wasn't that bad. I found the HDD and went to the checkout while my dad went deeper to find a SD card and USB drive. When we came in, we didn't see that they were handing out SD cards and USB drives at the customer service desk. I got up there with my HDD and pick one of each up too, while trying to call my dad to get him up there. His phone wasn't on, so by the time I found him, it was too late. I was done at Staples 11 minutes after the store opened, but waited another hour with my dad. We got out of there at 7 and decided to check the cheap DVDs at Best Buy. That place is always the worst place to go at opening, and this year it was another record year. After opening, the check out line winds through the entire store and usually takes 1.5-2 hours to complete. We said "Screw it" and threw the few DVDs I want in with crappy drama movies to come back and get closer to when the sale ends. Now I have to go to my dad's work to fax some ads for some clients and head back and pick those bad boys up, then install my new 200GB drive into my xbox. So in total, I got:
? Maxtor 200GB HDD
? 512MB USB Drive
? 512MB SD Card
? Billy Madison
? Happy Gilmore
? Road to Perdition
? Diamond and Gold Necklace
Oh, and Staples' new online rebate system is so easy. I've already filed my three rebates from there.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

^Wall of text :P