XBox 360 Best Buy Demo

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XBox 360 Best Buy Demo

Post by JuddWack »

Has anyone played one of these yet? The one at my Best Buy keeps messing up. You can't load anything except the menu. It freezes everytime you try to go into a Demo. I tried playing CoD2, King Kong, and Kameo 3 times each and they all failed.

The thing is sealed in a plastic case. When I touched it the case was really hot so maybe they are overheating. The controller felt really freakin nice though.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

can't play at best buy drive down to wally world
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

ive also thought the controller felt, light. for a wireless controller with a force feedback and the play and charge thing...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Played it at Walmart and I really wasn't that impressed, but then again, it was a Cod2 & Kameo demo showcase. Maybe if they had a GOW or PD0 demo, I would have thought differently.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I played the COD2 demo at Best Buy and wasn't impressed...but I'm not passing judgement yet...
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I wasent that impressed. but this is just the first line up of games. actully the HDTV they had it hooked up to made me want that lol. I will get one eventually just not now. I just wish they had a PD0 demo.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
ETR
Dumb

Re: XBox 360 Best Buy Demo

Post by ETR »

JuddWack wrote:Has anyone played one of these yet? The one at my Best Buy keeps messing up. You can't load anything except the menu. It freezes everytime you try to go into a Demo. I tried playing CoD2, King Kong, and Kameo 3 times each and they all failed.

The thing is sealed in a plastic case. When I touched it the case was really hot so maybe they are overheating. The controller felt really freakin nice though.
It's just yours. The display in our Media department works flawlessly.

Anyways, the Walmart and Best Buy displays are different. The BB ones aren't play and charge, they're wired.

Why?

The wireless has been screwing up Wallyworld's Telxon system. Same one BB uses.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Oh, so work finally got them in. We were suppose to get them last week, but they didn't ship yet. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I go in at four. I wonder what they are doing with the old Xbox display unit they will inevitably be switching out...

*hopes to get ahold of it like with the old Playstation display unit.
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

I played CoD today, yeah, not too impressive. Yeah, it looks better than the Xbox, but not for the price. I really like the way the controller feels though.

-Matt
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I playd CoD today too. The graphics aren't very imnpressive, but they aren't bad. CoD looks a lot like Day of Defeat, but shinier (almost like DoD Source). I also played Kameo, that game was so much fun. I played for a good 20 minutes (the store wasn't busy, and no one was lining up to play, although people did give it a glance). I was watching someone else play earlier, and I was at the other controller, and I found myself feeling the controller, and holding it, rubbing it, :oops: . That was the mosst comfortable controller I've ever held in my hand. I don't know how to descibe it. It's like the Xbox controller S, but thinner and lighter. The handles are also a bit more on a slant. I was really impressed.

I thought that I was gonna hold off on the 360, but it looks like I'm gonna give into temptations and get one :| :P
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

At my local Best Buy (where my friend works), the janitor threw away the demo disc while they were setting everything up. So they have a XBox 360, just nothing to play.
No signature.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Any of you insiders know where I can get quick discount at BB? Maybe a 10% off coupon or something? It would be saving me over $50 by the time I walk out of that place.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm... I'm running a program for my campus on December 12, 13, 14 .... anybody know of a way I can buy some XBox 360's for those dates?.... hrmm... i may have to camp out.....

oh well :)
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

MulletMan13 wrote:Hrmm... I'm running a program for my campus on December 12, 13, 14 .... anybody know of a way I can buy some XBox 360's for those dates?.... hrmm... i may have to camp out.....

oh well :)
according to the stock numbers, youd have better up stealing them...

or if you dont want to steal them, im sure pawn shops will have them...pre stolen..
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

JuddWack wrote:Any of you insiders know where I can get quick discount at BB? Maybe a 10% off coupon or something? It would be saving me over $50 by the time I walk out of that place.
http://www.myrewardzone.com/membersonly.jspx
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Thanks impetus but after I pay for the card I only save $5 it seems like.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

think of the big picture, amigo. Over a year, most Best Buy shoppers tend to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars total. It adds up, especially if you're planning in getting a computer, TV, ipod, camera, audio/video equipment, or other fairly large purchase within the year.

Mine has paid for itself many, many times over.
Last edited by impetus on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I saw a guy playing CoD2 and I thought it was some sort of joke.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: XBox 360 Best Buy Demo

Post by Smiley »

JuddWack wrote:Has anyone played one of these yet? The one at my Best Buy keeps messing up. You can't load anything except the menu. It freezes everytime you try to go into a Demo. I tried playing CoD2, King Kong, and Kameo 3 times each and they all failed.

The one at my wal-mart was doing the same thing....I liked the controller (even though it reminded me of the first one painted white, and smaller) and thought that for the most part the games looked like they could have been done on the first box....but most launch titles for a new system look that way.....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Our Best Buy had it set up. It was pretty busy around it too. Being a college town, I expect we will probably people start lining up outside the store at around 12:30am, which will be about the time Wal-Mart runs out of them.