Your thoughts on Dead Or Alive 4

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your thoughts on Dead Or Alive 4

Post by Green Ranger »

Is anyone looking forward to this title?

Do you think they've made a sequel too many?

Does anyone appreciate the counter system from the previous games which so many have considered to be nothing more than a cheap tactic?

What do you think about the new character lineup entering this future title?

Do you agree with Helena being the main focus of the 4th installment?

Let your voice be heard! :wink:

And for info on the DOA4, you can check this link for screenshots and more: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadoralive4/
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

I liked the previous games.

I like their outstanding graphics, and their "no holds barred" approach to design.

At first they seem cheesy and cheap, but then you realize the fighting engine actually has a lot of depth.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Your thoughts on Dead Or Alive 4

Post by MKE »

Green Ranger wrote:Is anyone looking forward to this title?
Yes.

Do you think they've made a sequel too many?
have they made to many final fantasies...(i think they have, but some people think there still good games)
Does anyone appreciate the counter system from the previous games which so many have considered to be nothing more than a cheap tactic?
the counter attack system is awesome, it can change a match like that, if your getting your butt kicked becasue the other person is a button masher, good, or just cheap by using the same trick repeadely, you do a counter attack and your back in...the counter system is probably one of the best new features of doa 2.

What do you think about the new character lineup entering this future title?
as long as they include the characters from doa/2/3, i dont really care. new character's are always fun, but they just seem to be a necesary step to a new fighting game...
Do you agree with Helena being the main focus of the 4th installment?
do you disagree? what's the diff of it being her or kasumi, or whoever...it's a fighting game, that's all it's meant to really be, but they threw in a story line in there to make it more "enjoyable". im not going to hate the game because of it, but im not going to like it because of it either.

that's what i think...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I've liked all of them...

Once the first price drop comes to the 360, this is likely a game I will pick up with it.

The fighting system has as much depth as you want it to....you can become really good with knowing about 20-30 moves for each character or you can get into the real nitty gritty.

Other than Soul Calibur and Mavel vs. Capcom, this is the only series I've stuck with.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I enjoyed the first one for sega saturn; loved the one for dc; and when I get a 360 once the price drops and it has enough games I like, I'll buy the console and rent the game before I actually buy it. Right now, its too early for me to form an opinion on it without having played it. :wink:

I agree with abydos....this series is one of my favorites next to soul caliber.....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I really just don't get into fighting games. About the last fighting game I really enjoyed was Virtua Fighter 4. Other than that, I really don't play fighting games much at all.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

my second fav fighter (gues whats my fav fighter)

and if i got a x360 (which i probably wont the next year) DOA4 would be a sure buy
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I've always preferred Soul Calibur series over DOA. I'm curious about DOA4 because I have always been impressed by the graphics and the engine ;)

The counter stuff works fine, but I didn't like the fact that because of it in certain battles more than half of the damage is being done by counters.

I'm more looking forward to a next gen Soul Calibur, damn Namco for making another PS2 SC :evil:

For DOA4: Let's hope they make a more balanced system, IMHO DOA2's damage system is out of balance as described above.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

My thoughts, Bouncy, the one thing we know it will be. Wonder how big the bounce dept is these days? or have they made it smaller as they get the bounce perfected?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers