Sega Saturn question

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sega Saturn question

Post by Green Ranger »

What will happen if I play a 2 Disk PAL Sega Saturn game on my US system with Action Replay? Sure the Action Replay will boot up the first disk, but what about when I need to swtich disks while the system is on :?:

I ask because I was thinking of purchasing a copy of Deep Fear the PAL version, and it's a 2 disk game.
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

On EVERY Saturn multi-disc game, it'll ask you to save before swapping discs, so you save, open the drive (it'll go back to the cd player screen), then just stick CD 2 in, load game, and carry on where you left off :)
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Saturn region protection is in the BIOS, not the CD controller. Even if it was an in-game swap it would be a non-issue unless the game actually had its own region check, in which case you'd need more than the stock AR bypass to boot it anyway.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

It doesnt matter anyway. Cause even on cd-swap games, when it asks you to swap discs, it resets to the bios anyway. Then you'd boot the game using whatever import-booting device you use.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

It doesn't have to reset to the BIOS. I don't know whether any games actually do require an in-game swap, but it is possible.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer