Capcom says Goodbye to Fighting Games

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by cube_b3 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:how come gamespot or ign has not reported the end of street fighter because Snk Vs Capcom 2 is comming out next year... :D
Um.... because that game is made by SNK/Playmore?[/quote]

Umm Gamespot and IGN don't make games they report about the gamming scene and they are one of the best 2 sites on video games... and they have not reported on the end of stret fighter
eckostyle wrote:SNK better not screw up SvC2.
Snk Vs Capcom chaos was a kick ass game I played it had story on every stage what else do you want(well maybe an animated sequence before every stage)

capcom vs snk did not even have a descent ending for everyone not even new sprites NOTHING all compiled/ recycled stuff atleast they did something more then 3 lines per charecter on the ending...
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheWanderer »

Marvel vs. Capcom has been the only fighting game to really captivate me in any way. I mean, the game is fun. :)

I think what makes the series so cool is the dynamic-ness of it all--you can create your own "moves" essentially, as the game allows all this wacked out shit to be strung together. It's very open ended. I am by no means a good player, I'm quite bad actually, but I have fun.

I was looking forward to Capcom Fighting Evolution and Capcom vs. SNK Chaos until they both got panned. Guess I'll have to go buy Guilty Gear. Damnit, Capcom, catch up on the animation side of things! :P
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

capcom fighting evolution only has it's endings which ends the game players stories and finish the game... other wise it has nothing no color edit mode , no team battle it's pretty much life less apart from the comic style ending the game has absoloutly nothing to offer

and it's snk vs capcom
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Exactly. I loved how in SvC-Chaos the characters had a brief little conversation before the match. in CvS 1&2 there were character openings but let's face it if you don't understand japanese you really don't understand what's going on.

SvC-Chaos filled that gap, for example how would Chun-Li react to meeting Iori Yagami. Why are Kyo Ksuanagi and Ryu suppose to be rivals. Why do Terry Bogard and Ken Masters get along oh so well? SvC-Chaos gives you alittle more to fill in these gaps.

Now Capcom does have some really Orginal Characters, most of which aren't present in Street Fighter. In fact my favorite Capcom character is Akira Kazama from Rival Schools - Project Justice. Honestly i really don't think i've seen another orginal character like her.

Now while i'm sure this is arguable she is just my personal fave as an orginal character. I guess the reason why i perfer SNK over Capcom is they actually give you more. They put in alittle extra effort to make sure they please their fans. How many times have you beaten a capcom game, spent all your time and effort doing so and get a few frames for an ending. a perfect example of capcom's lazy-ness is MvC2. Really what kind of ending is that? It explains nothing at all why Ruby Heart is piloting the ship. Why do they even need the Capcom character's at all?!

in my personal experience SNK just has better stories in general. They don't need to over-compensate with flashy graphics, insane supers, or anything else for that matter. The games speak for themselves. 8-)
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 Third Strike, and the SNK vs Capcome were the only ones I took a hankering to.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

most of the characters in project justice were awesome. i almost forgot how good that game was. i recently got my hands on the ost. very rare indeed.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

I'm still looking for the OST myself! Been everywhere looking for it haven't had any such luck :?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

yeah well only the 2d fighters are over project justice still has hope...
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Hopefully let's all hope for a Rival Schools 3 :wink: