The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Funny Political Pictures Thread

Post by Stormwatch »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Image
When did Steve Ballmer get into politics?!
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

cuntry.jpg
cuntry.jpg (168.54 KiB) Viewed 6994 times
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

HAHAHAHA
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I'd want that shirt if I really liked country music...

...Well I do, but when you say "Country Music" people automatically assume you mean some of these modern day hacks that all sound the same and sing about beer and trucks...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Kinda old, but still funny:

melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Twix and Spatula ROFL
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Attachments
3546.jpg
3546.jpg (324.19 KiB) Viewed 6840 times
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

OneThirty8 wrote:Image
http://www.mccaincomics.com
Soooo, being a Democrat and voting for McCain automatically makes you a racist.
Way to be bigoted OneThirty8. I'm actually ashamed of you right now.

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
No signature.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

toastman wrote:I didn't vote for Obama either.
Who did you vote for?
It's thinking...
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

toastman wrote:

I didn't vote for Obama either. Because he voted yes to give a $700bn blank check to Henry Paulson. Because he wants to get rid of secret ballot elections for Unions (the misnamed "Employee Free Choice Act"). Because he is a collection of sound bites in a suit who is for the same old policies as all big party politicians.
Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:

Soooo, finding that picture funny makes me a bigot. You do still understand how humor works, right? Sometimes, you make an over-the-top statement to make a point. For example, saying that Democrats for McCain are all automatically racist is obviously over the top. I'm sure that at least two or three of those five people actually had other reasons for supporting McCain (horny men who think Palin is attractive suggested to me that I was an idiot for supporting a ticket with two dudes on it), but most Democrats would have been hard-pressed to find a good reason to vote for McCain.
On some level, yes it does. There is nothing inherently funny in calling someone a racist for no reason (or the wrong reason). The only point it makes is that the person who made the image is willing to make wild accusations to vilify someone they don't know. It's not over the top, it's just meaningless. There's no commentary there. They haven't found anything to actually comment on. They just figured this guy is a Democrat, he should vote party ticket, but he's voting for McCain, McCain is white, Obama is black, he must be racist, because only racists won't vote for Obama.

Now while most of those statements are true, but the last is pure, biased conjecture. It's as racist a thought as not voting for Obama based on race. It's a very subtle form of racism that quells all meaningful discussion as we will soon be unable to criticize anyone who also happens to be a minority.

The only humor I see in that picture is the humor in someone being so blinded by their loyalty that they kneejerk label people based on a political choice.

Darc, I voted for Nader. At least he has demonstrably done stuff to better the lives of the American public. He was on the same side I was on most issues. I felt he genuinely wanted the presidency to do good for the nation rather than to have the presidency.

Because both Democrats and Republicans exist only to win elections. Not to serve, not to push agendas, but just to win elections.
No signature.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:

On some level, yes it does. There is nothing inherently funny in calling someone a racist for no reason (or the wrong reason). The only point it makes is that the person who made the image is willing to make wild accusations to vilify someone they don't know. It's not over the top, it's just meaningless. There's no commentary there. They haven't found anything to actually comment on. They just figured this guy is a Democrat, he should vote party ticket, but he's voting for McCain, McCain is white, Obama is black, he must be racist, because only racists won't vote for Obama.

Now while most of those statements are true, but the last is pure, biased conjecture. It's as racist a thought as not voting for Obama based on race. It's a very subtle form of racism that quells all meaningful discussion as we will soon be unable to criticize anyone who also happens to be a minority.

The only humor I see in that picture is the humor in someone being so blinded by their loyalty that they kneejerk label people based on a political choice.

Darc, I voted for Nader. At least he has demonstrably done stuff to better the lives of the American public. He was on the same side I was on most issues. I felt he genuinely wanted the presidency to do good for the nation rather than to have the presidency.

Because both Democrats and Republicans exist only to win elections. Not to serve, not to push agendas, but just to win elections.
… … LOL WUT
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I'm having flashbacks to when toast was put in charge of null.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

toastman wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
toastman wrote:

it was a simple joke. you have too much time on your hands.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Jeeba Jabba wrote: it was a simple joke. you have too much time on your hands.
It was simple. It wasn't a joke.
I was just calling out bullshit for what it was.
No signature.