*i'm working on making a sega horror film read on*

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

*i'm working on making a sega horror film read on*

Post by gamedudex2 »

after college in 2 years i plan on making a movie about a hardcore sega fan turned psycho seriel killer.

its going to be pretty much original... if anyone has seen troma films it will be like that

horror/comedy.

pretty much gore/comedy nudity sexual, boobs and uh more boobs :)

i was wondering if anyone here would wanna donate to the production ( not now in 2 years i will be able to do it after college)

i'll try to cut cost by filing in abandon buildings and stuff.. so i dont have to use permits, just need to watch out for cops, but i know many places where i can do this.

the main thing funding will be used for is for filming , gettin g props paying peple to act. and entering into film fest such as sundance.

and for posters and stuff and to fund a website for it.

if i can get enough funding, i'll try getting it distributed by myself to many indi theatres like landmark cinima.
but either way i'll go and get troma studios in new york to publish the film.

for people to donate , it wont just have to be money.. it can be old video game boxes u dont want, foam u have, vhs boxes, and other random stuff we can use for sets at time. anf for money it can be anything. people who are big contributors will get extra stuff

like people to give over $100 will get a movie poster and cast photo.

people who donate over 400 or 500 or more.

will get a personalized dvd and soundtrack, i will get some unknown bands i know a bunch of people so they can donate songs just for film, and i will only give soundtrack to people that donate large amounts.

also if anyone who like to make techno music liek game style music, u can donate some to us for the movie we will use some.. but main album will be rock and soem rap.

also anyone that donates anythign will have a spot on film credits.

also the special dvd will include a making of movie dvd with it for donators.

so don't worry now this wont be for 2 years maybe earlier but afer college is over.

i just wanna see if i can get funding for sega fans and all first.

oh i will promote dcemulation.org in fi'm and even use message board in it when i do the movie.. much like kevin smith uses his website in jay and silent bob strike back :)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I wouldn't be too hopeful if I were you. You might try creating a script first, and then try asking for donations. At the moment, you're asking people for several hundreds of dollars for something you won't start for two years. If at all.

It's a nice idea, really. But, as I said, you need more substance before you go asking for cash. Produce a script, get it copyrighted or whatever, then post it online and distribute it to the right people - no idea who they would be exactly, but they must exist - and then start asking for money.

And don't be so stingy with your free gifts. If people are willing to hand over enough money, then it would only take a small part of that money to produce a professional CD or DVD or poster or photo or whatever.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya i know i am not asking for money now i just wanan see how many people would.. most of the money will probbaly come from me anyways and some friends.. its gonan cost at least $300,000 or less to film

i'll get this distributed by troma easily. the movie will be very troma style of film. think terror firmer, class of nukem high 1-3, toxic avenger 1-4, american psycho (not troma), killer condom, sgt kabukiman nypd 1-2.

it will be kinda likt that but a lot of not like that.

will contain lots of gore, comedy, and boobs. its pure troma, non hollywood stuff.

ya and about gift i was just saying around how i'd do it but thats more if not a lot of people donating, more people donate i could easily give more dvds for all of people who donate cash no matetr how much then, i wuill not have a prob doing that. also then i would also give posters and photes to people that donated a lot of non cash items.

the money is the main thing for filming, equipment, paying people to be in, and enterting it into fi'm fest. Troma dance will be the only free film fest that i know of. biut i want it to eb entered into all the major fi'm fest in usa and internationally.. also wil get it dubbed in multi languages.

french, german, japanese, spanish
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Why not try filming a trailer first?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Do you have a name / script / anything yet for this idea?
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

working on script now. name i don' t have yet. it will be nc-17 rated and wil probbaly make an r rated cut
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

This'll be good representation for Sega if it goes public, 'psycho sega fan!'

sounds alright though, i like your intensive planning.
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

Hey is it gonna be better than the House of the Dead movie? Hey i will act one of the characters in the movie for free just so i can say my name is on the internet movie database. Im thinking about taking acting/drama when i start going back to school this fall.
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya that would be great, if u wanna be in the film. just keep in touch with me. after i'm done in school i am going to start this. for now its working and working on script ideas, then its off to geting funds and building local intertest.. if i can get enough money i'll see if i can get some famous people here in new orleans to do a cameo or a small role if they are intertested. i'd like to get john goodman ( i can see him he runs the house of blues here with Dan Aykroyd, and maybe dr. morgus. you new orleans dcemu members will know who morgus is and also u chicago members i think new york he was shown in 80s i dunno... but those are people id like to have maybe as a tv news team for a few shots... but thats far off , only if i can raise enough money for them to just come over and do it.

but mostly i wanta good cast of unknowns as the cast.. a few known people if possible only as small parts.

it will all be filmed in new orleans, most likley a few abandon building that i can set up a small set . also in some neighbore hoods and maybe a video game store i know someone people and i can talk them into it it would help them out and would ad to movie.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Captain Spaulding wrote:Hey is it gonna be better than the House of the Dead movie? Hey i will act one of the characters in the movie for free just so i can say my name is on the internet movie database. Im thinking about taking acting/drama when i start going back to school this fall.
omg it will be way better than house of the dead.. i would not dare embarass myself or anyone with that poor excise for a film. it was way way over budget and way way crappy, not even crappy in that its kinda cool because it looks so crappy way.

i would be embarrased to even been part of that.

oh but i do wanna make a zombie film but thats somethign for later. i have ideas for it but i wanna do this first , because the zombie fi'm will require more than this.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

You certaintly think ahead! :)
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

Let me get this straight. You have:

-No script
-No credentials in the movie business.
-No money (you want to raise $300,000? Good luck; it even takes non-profit organizations like Red Cross a while to raise that kind of moolah. It'll take you years & years to raise that much money for an indie movie. I suggest you research the film budgets of other indie movies, such as 'Blair Witch Project' --with was about $20,000 USD if I remember correctly or 'Supersize Me')
-And you want real actors like John Goodman? Hell, you'd be lucky to get some quasi-celebrity or unknown Canadian actors before any big names. Their agents wouldn't even take you seriously, especially once you tell them it's for an indie B-movie based on video games.

Better than the 'House of the Dead' movie? Sure, it sucked. But they had professional production and a huge budget.

I hate to burst your bubble, but these are some unrealistic expectations. Good luck though.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

F8 is kinda right. Maybe you should start smaller. :) Like go out and rent a videocamera and a tripod, then film some silly goofy movie. It's not like Sega is ever going to give you the rights to use their name for a violent indy movie. Besides, renting a camera and doing something silly is a lot easier to do now with hardly any money...
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

well iw as not beign serious about those but i could get morgus cheap.

balir which was not a real movie with acting it was made with people and a home video cam goign in the wooods..

supersize me pretty much the same documentery, they are cheap to film.

i am not saying 300,000 but i'm saying no more than that.

to be realistic more like 200,000 but u have to think of other cost u will have.

the movie u are talking about had no actors nor a script.

ii'm not saying i could get goodman but ya know soemthign goodman has done b films and he dont live like most celebs he goes to a little grocery by my house to buy cheap beer, he drives a beat up car. he owns a bar on canal street. also is a partner in the hosue of blues . i'm just saying someone not major . but morgus would be easy to get actually.

but not saying i could get any known people, if i could it would be for only a very small role to help build interest

i really don't want anyone well known as major characters in the film

does anyone who makes movie need credentials in the movie biz.. not every fi'm has been made by a george speildberg or a George Lucas or lloyd kaufman

everyone startes somewhere.. all u need is to be serious about what u plan on doing and then work on that plan.

and about not having a script this is all pre talk to gain interest in film. i am trying to see if i can get people interested init early, i am writting it. i'm serious about it.

not flaming you are anything i respect your point of view, but hope to change it when ready to begin production.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

John Goodman goes to your local grocery store? :o
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

spaghetti wrote:John Goodman goes to your local grocery store? :o
ya, and he owns a local bar around canal cemeteries.
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

ya that would be great, if u wanna be in the film. just keep in touch with me
Awesome, but can I be the first one to get killed that would be great :P
Even though ther are others posting teir disbelief about you doing this i'll back ya on it. Any thing is possible if you want it bad enough
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Good luck no seriously good luck. If I were you I would just do a series of short 10-30 min films. There are some very awesome ones out there. There are short films that I consider better than full length features ( batman dead end anyone? ). Besides doing short films will at least build up your resume.

Not to mention you are being stingy, if I donate $400 for a person to do their first film I expect more than just a poster, dvd and a cd. For $40 I could get all of that d=

If I were you I would just continue writing the script and do other short films and when you have the finances to do your film then do it, don't start out trying to make a full length film.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: *i'm working on making a sega horror film read on*

Post by toastman »

gamedudex2 wrote:its going to be pretty much original... if anyone has seen troma films it will be like that
Yeah, I simply like that line.

But step one: English, learn it.
No signature.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I've come to party poop. This movie will never happen.