We're as stupid as they [the government] think

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

We're as stupid as they [the government] think

Post by Chaniyth »

Fake Terror Alerts - We're As Stupid As They Think
By John Kaminski / 2-8-03

How stupid do they think we are? Only hours after our much-praised Secretary of State is revealed to have been using material plagiarized from a college student to justify why we're going to kill thousands of people with bombs, our government issues a terror alert and expects us to believe it?
?
And how stupid are we? We believe it.
?
Everybody takes it seriously even though Colin Powell has been shown to have perpetrated a colossal lie before the entire world, sitting in front of the assembled multitude of rectitude at the United Nations, exposed as having tried to pass off a decade-old college post-graduate thesis as supposedly cutting-edge Department of Defense intelligence. Used before the most august leaders of the world, this is supposed to be the best we can do? For all that money in the defense budget?
?
I mean, shouldn't we be embarrassed to be caught in such a childish lie? Could the U.S. government have reached a new low in their sluggish and unintelligent efforts to convince the world it should bomb everything that doesn't "love our freedom?"
?
But it didn't matter. The American people have become such dullards that apparently nobody made the connection concerning lying about the reasons for bombing Iraq and lying about the terror alert. Certainly not the TV news robots.
?
Stupidest of all? The terror alert was meant to cover up the Secretary of State's very own sophomoric faux pas, but the piggies needn't have bothered.
?
The TV anchorpeople, who worry a lot more about their hair than they do the fate of the world, didn't even blink an eye, didn't even make the connection, that if Powell is fabricating evidence culled from the out-of-date research - the grad student's work was assessing conditions in Iraq more than a decade ago - then what possible evidence could this most "humane" member of the Bush Cabal of Death have been using to suddenly whip up a new terror alert - which served no greater purpose than to take the world's focus off his own obvious incompetence and insincerity.
?
His own lies. There could be no clearer evidence that the United States is lying - not only about its own objectives but also about its own methods, its own performance - and, as I'm sure our genuine enemies would notice, and most dangerous of all - its actual capabilities. There may be no doubt that the U.S. could totally vaporize Baghdad, and no doubt that America's demonic weapons of mass destruction have turned large swaths of Third World countries into radioactive wastelands, but there are real doubts that this two-faced gang of armchair cutthroats have the ability, the will or the intent to defend our country.
?
Just look at the investigation into 9/11, the biggest crime in American history, and let me know if you see one. Just look at Enron, the biggest robbery in American history, and let me know if you see the big perps being brought to justice.
?
Lies. Everywhere you turn are lies, couched in trite buzzphrases, uttered by incompetent functionaries like Ashcroft, who couldn't even make a decent middle school debate team, not to mention Bush, who will never learn that sincere statements later learned to be false mean you can never reach people again.
?
Or maybe you can. Maybe people don't really care if the world is destroyed, if their own sons return to the Fatherland contaminated by radioactivity and poison vaccines. The insincerely enraptured media suckups, who have their own challenges to overcome, insist Bush is popular, but average people at the shopping center now only say that if they think the Homeland Security camera is on them.
?
Lies. Like the new information about the Patriot missiles that the U.S. has sold to practically every country that wanted one. During the first Gulf War massacre, the Pentagon claimed a 100 percent kill-ratio against those evil Scud missiles launched by Saddam. Now the news is the Patriot missiles never hit a single Scud, or that the kill-ratio was somewhere in the range of 7 percent, at best.
?
Just like the phony U.S. missile tests we see in the news every now and then. Those missiles can't hit spit unless there's a GPS beacon in the target. But the well-coiffed media harlots always reports those tests as if they were some actual triumph of technology, rather than the totally bogus corporate political propaganda they are. Speaking of that, did you hear Raytheon, the company that made the Patriot missiles, was also hired to evaluate their performance, for a cool half million? It's the Arthur Andersen principle, still working fine.
?
Our genuine enemies - as opposed to the ones cooked up at CIA secret meetings and funded covertly by third parties (are you listening, Bob Graham?) - must be noticing that a Patriot missile couldn't hit a mule in the ass with a banjo.
?
Just like the phony scripted news alerts on CNN that don't mean anything, either - they just condition people to ignore all news alerts - all this talk about terror alerts reveals to our genuine enemies that we are all bluster without competence, all talk and no game, not to mention genuine toughness. Living the soft life of the complacent West, we rely on our high-tech toys to do our killing for us, and when those toys don't work, those softie Western soldiers have a real problem, like crashing their own helicopters or bombing their own allies because they're doing too many drugs. Too bad the war on drugs doesn't work on the drugs used for war.
?
The only reason for this terror alert was to take the focus off Powell's laziness, his unprofessional reliance on a British report that was nothing more than verbatim excerpts from an out-of-date war college paper, which he passed off as the best the American government could produce about its knowledge of what is really going on in Iraq. An utterly pathetic and incompetent performance by a government that has received a permanent free pass from uncritical media stooges.
?
These stooges are fakes themselves, and so is Powell, and so are his terror alerts. And by their belief in all these false statements " these fake terror alerts " so are the American people, who have become, in the eyes of so many innocents abroad, the scourge of the earth, for their misinformed malice and imbecilic indifference.
?
The biggest terror alert of all - 9/11 - was an event manufactured by the very people who are supposed to be our leaders, our benefactors, not our plunderers. Don't argue " the evidence is plentiful, despite the stalled official investigation. Now, the biggest worry becomes the matter of when they will decide we need another dose to convince us we are in danger and they are our saviors.
?
9/11 occurred at a time when the cabal was devising new and draconian restrictions on our freedom called the Patriot Act, which was passed shortly after that disaster. Now comes word that a new Patriot Act II has been devised in secret.
?
Can we make the connection between the act of writing the new rules for totalitarian control and the horrendous act necessary to justify its imposition? And can we make it in time?
?
Not likely, because we're as stupid as they think we are.
?
?
?-- John Kaminski lives and writes on the coast of Florida while watching the destruction of civilization by shallow and insincere men who don't tell the truth most of the time and don't really care that they don't. --
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

see i've been doing some snooping online, seems germany and france have a good reason for not wanting the USA to invade. it appears as if they help aided iraq in some ways in deveolping their weapons. i don't wanna speculate but makes a great case y there are so against this war. imagine this, iraq fueling their oil. they give some weapons and $$$. great reason not to want to cut ties.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Obviously the weapons they have are American made. They originated in America, then sold off to Isreal, which went off to Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and a bunch of other places.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

Huzzah!
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

This writer should kill himself while sitting in his coastal Florida home... Did election 2000 prove nothing about Floridians?

He is obviously a conspiracy theorist and overall paranoid person...

"Lies. Everywhere you turn are lies, couched in trite buzzphrases, uttered by incompetent functionaries"

Lay off the crack, man.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

EvilSporkMan wrote:Huzzah!
The Sporkman is back :D
No signature.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Funny that guys like the one who wrote that, call factual evidence propaganda.. with propaganda.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

If the paper was good enough then why would then need to write another ?

personally if I had to produce a document and there was another good enough for it then I would use it.

Zull your point seems interesting...might have to go snoop around myself about this...
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

AmadeusZull wrote:see i've been doing some snooping online, seems germany and france have a good reason for not wanting the USA to invade. it appears as if they help aided iraq in some ways in deveolping their weapons. i don't wanna speculate but makes a great case y there are so against this war. imagine this, iraq fueling their oil. they give some weapons and $$$. great reason not to want to cut ties.

Not to mention, France and Iraq make millions off of foreign trade with each other.
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

//conspiracy theory//

"Hmmm..." I think to myself, " Isn't it funny that Bin Laden has popped up out of nowhere to enforce the threat of terrorism, and the need for a war?"

// end conspiracy theory//
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

That could have been anyone, and it probably was. It wouldn't suprise me if the US government did it.

It certainly proves nothing. If Bin Laden and his gang are behind Iraq, it's only because they're both against the US. They have to support Iraq, in the same way that the US had to support anyone calling themselves anti-communist (was that in Korea or Vietnam?) Even though Bin Laden's group are enemies with Saddam, and want him 'removed' too.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Am I the only person (and I know I'm not) that thinks this invasion is a combination of revenge for "Daddy Bush", an excuse to pick up some cheap oil and another way for America to stick their noses in to make themselves look tough?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

az_bont wrote:Am I the only person (and I know I'm not) that thinks this invasion is a combination of revenge for "Daddy Bush", an excuse to pick up some cheap oil and another way for America to stick their noses in to make themselves look tough?
You've just become a member of the short bus.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
az_bont wrote:Am I the only person (and I know I'm not) that thinks this invasion is a combination of revenge for "Daddy Bush", an excuse to pick up some cheap oil and another way for America to stick their noses in to make themselves look tough?
LOL

I think that wasn't bin Laden in that audio tape. He was doing video tapes, why is he now doing audio tapes? Either he's dead and his associates don't want to let people to know, or he's visibly injured and doesn't want people to know.

Today some recruiters came to my honors English class to talk about our ASVAB scores. (I got a 68 and you need a 31 to make it into the Army :P )
In the 90s when the US went to Iraq the US lost less than 50 people and Iraq lost around 10,000. Anyone know if this is true?
And he said around half of the US soldiers killed were by accidents and not in combat.
lim
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lim »

Jeeba, you are a small child. It wont be France that benefits from Iraqi trade, Iraqs biggest trade partner is the US. The US purchases more than 60 % of Iraqi oil for its consumption. If the war doesnt happen, America is Iraqs biggest trade partner, if the war does happen America takes over Iraq and its oil fields. Either way, America has billions invested in Iraq, more than any other country.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

TreyDay wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
LOL

I think that wasn't bin Laden in that audio tape. He was doing video tapes, why is he now doing audio tapes? Either he's dead and his associates don't want to let people to know, or he's visibly injured and doesn't want people to know.

Today some recruiters came to my honors English class to talk about our ASVAB scores. (I got a 68 and you need a 31 to make it into the Army :P )
In the 90s when the US went to Iraq the US lost less than 50 people and Iraq lost around 10,000. Anyone know if this is true?
And he said around half of the US soldiers killed were by accidents and not in combat.
Yup that is true. And the first war only lastest a few hours.

The thing I don't like is the fact they are talking about re-instating the draft. I turn 18 in a year and don't feel like going somewhere to die for no good reason.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Re: We're as stupid as they [the government] think

Post by I.M. Weasel »

kubyx wrote: The biggest terror alert of all - 9/11 - was an event manufactured by the very people who are supposed to be our leaders, our benefactors, not our plunderers. Don't argue " the evidence is plentiful, despite the stalled official investigation. Now, the biggest worry becomes the matter of when they will decide we need another dose to convince us we are in danger and they are our saviors.

9/11 occurred at a time when the cabal was devising new and draconian restrictions on our freedom called the Patriot Act, which was passed shortly after that disaster. Now comes word that a new Patriot Act II has been devised in secret.

-- John Kaminski lives and writes on the coast of Florida while watching the destruction of civilization by shallow and insincere men who don't tell the truth most of the time and don't really care that they don't. --
yeah thats true

[post edited]
Last edited by I.M. Weasel on Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

There will be no need for the draft. It would have to turn out in WWIII for that...we have far more than enough troops.

Besides...even if they did, I wouldn't go to war...I'd go to jail first...Chris Rock springs to mind with...

'Call me a *Homosexual*, But i'll be *one of those homosexuals* with two legs when the wars over'
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

oh yeah perry "I dont care if i saw a russian tank rollin down flatbush avenue......"
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Good thing I don't live in the US or even worse Iraq

Post by s700pid »

Personally I blame sand, now you think about all the most bonkers people in the world live in deserts. Yellow is a disturbing colour it makes people uneasy, that's why macdonalds colour scheme is yellow and red, eat your food don't get comfy and get the f%^k out. ie Israel they are fighting over sand and it doesn't even have the sea near it to make it a nice beach, there might be some religious crap involved to but that is the minor issue
Now the US should invade and spray paint the sand green to remind the crazy people of grass. Grass being green is a much more calming colour than sand... and hey they don't even have to water or cut it so it really better than grass in some ways. They do the respraying of the sand for a small price say all there f%^king oil which they don't need anyway because donkeys don't run on oil and the only people with cars are probably crazy.
PS No one cares what we think anyway if they want to invade they will and I doubt that there is anything any one can do about it. Sad but true
Stupid is as Stupid posts