Just wanted to say hi!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
radgegames
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just wanted to say hi!

Post by radgegames »

I'm a new user here and I can't wait to get more involved. I first saw a DreamCast when it launched and I was around 10 or 11. I fell in love with the system but it was at my cousins house. I finally added one to my collection about 6 years ago and still love everything about it. It's cool to know im not alone in my love for the system.

Other things I enjoy are
-programming
-music
-web design
-blogging
-playing video games (of course :grin: )
-finding new hobbies

I'm here not only because I love the DreamCast but also because I would like to learn more about development for the dreamcast. I've only ever devekoped games with pre built engines and never from the ground up and figured it would be a fun mountain to overcome

anyways thanks for having me and im excited to learn
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Just wanted to say hi!

Post by Juan »

Hey
KingCrazy
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: Just wanted to say hi!

Post by KingCrazy »

Welcome to the forums!~
It's super exciting to see more people taking an interest in the Dreamcast homebrew scene!

Dreamcast development is certainly a big leap from working with other engines like Unreal Engine, or Unity, but it's also a great learning experience, and can be super rewarding!

Getting started can be the trickiest part, in my opinion. There are a plethora of good tutorials sprinkled around this forum, but it's sort of hard to really find a good starting point. There's plenty of cool examples provided with KOS, but it can be daunting (and a bit head-scratching) when you're not sure where to begin. One good place to start might be to look through these tutorial projects provided by another member on the forums: Lerabot.

Keep in mind, though: A lot of the tutorials around assume you're running a version of Linux. Other platforms may require some alterations (E.g. some packages for Linux aren't available for MSYS2, etc).

Best of luck with everything!