who's getting the Xbox one x?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
dmb1982
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

who's getting the Xbox one x?

Post by dmb1982 »

I haven't owned an Xbox since the OG, but being as how I'm going after a 4K movie player and setup I think I'm pulling the trigger on this one. Anybody else? Oh and it's nice to be back. It's been a long time.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: who's getting the Xbox one x?

Post by |darc| »

What's the advantage of the Xbox One X over the Xbox One S for 4K movies?

Personally I got the Xbox One S just to use it as a media center box and 4K bluray player, and just didn't like the Xbox One as a media center. The interface is just too cluttered with gaming shit and I personally don't care about console gaming... so I boxed it back up and need to sell it.

I ended up getting the nVidia Shield and I love it. Amazing streaming box. Can't play 4K Blurays on it, but if I ever need to do that I'll just rip 'em and add them to my Plex server.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I prefer the XONE interface to PS4's in just about every way.

The PSP/PS3 XMB is clean, simple, and quick. PS4's UI feels a lot more convoluted and laggy.

The Shield looks like a damn good emulation box. It appears to run Saturn games cleaned-up and at 60 FPS.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Oh The PS4 UI is fucking shit. I can't believe they thought the best way to organise all your games was in a big long line. Even if you put some in folders, the folders are just big long lines too. Aaand if you put a disc in and that game is in a folder, it doesn't even pop out onto the homescreen or anything so you have to open the folder and scroll through to your game. Eurghh.

Also it lags awfully if you have a decent amount of games installed.